Skip to main content

How do I identify if I have gen1 or gen2 devices to check compatibility  with S2. Is there any HW version guide or any way to check ? 

ps;  it’s sad. That Sonos didn’t provide any comprehensive  guide

If you log on to your Sonos Account, under My account > System the status of your devices is listed

How do I identify if I have gen1 or gen2 devices to check compatibility  with S2. Is there any HW version guide or any way to check ? 

ps;  it’s sad. That Sonos didn’t provide any comprehensive  guide

They have provided a comprehensive guide.  ‘Gen 1’ vs ‘gen 2’ isn’t the determining factor for S2 compatibility.  Here is the information you need:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

The best way to confirm on products you own, where there is any doubt - which applies only to the Connect ans Connect Amp - is as described by @Ralpfocus .

Please could someone post a link to @Ralpfocus answer to this enquiry? Thx. 

Please could someone post a link to @Ralpfocus answer to this enquiry? Thx. 

It's the first reply in this thread. 

?

If you log on to your Sonos Account, under My account > System the status of your devices is listed

Thx Bruce. 

Is this Connect Amp gen 1 or 2??

You need to log into your account on the Sonos website. Not in the app.

Sorry, I’m not able to log in to your account to check. 

If you need direct instructions, scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on ‘manage your account’

Log in to the web page, and then click on System. Either the header across the top, or the icon indicated below. You’ll get a list of items associated with your account. If a device is eligible to be traded in, there will be an indication on that device. If a device is S1 only, there will be an indication for that. If neither indication shows, the item is S2 capable. 

Sorry if I am being slow here. This is what I see on the SONOS web page. 

Great. Then my statement ‘If neither indication shows, the item is S2 capable‘ stands. 

@EdBirch . Are you already using these devices in S2? I.e. using the S2 app?

Thx Bruce, I’ll try the S2 upgrade. I wanted to be sure before committing. 

@John B I have not yet upgraded to S2. 

Upgrade appears to have gone well. Many thanks for your reassurance. The last thing I wanted was a split system. I think that SONOS should advise users on compatibility before the upgrade button.