Skip to main content
Called customer service 10 mins ago got connected to a guy in Edinburgh. Who asked for my name and case number which I gave him then after a few mins of him tapping the computer keys I said “hello” he said “yes still here wait abot it is busy” I stated I would like to speak to Daniel D. who is a Sonos escalation engineer to which he said “wait a bit” at which point I said please transfer me to your team leader/manger to which he said “no” I then asked for his team leader/mangers name to which he said “no” then proceeded to say I was shouting and he hung up.

After writing this I am going to get all Sonos boxes out of the attic pack the stuff up and send it back to Sonos I have not spent over 4K to have issues with lag and be spoken to like that by customer service.

I am truly appalled by this experience
Hi, Gazza1977. That is far from encouraging and on behalf of our Edinburgh branch, I apologise for how this call was handled. I have forwarded it to our management for the UK team and assure you this will be dealt with as appropriate.

Could you please DM me any further case details, i.e. the number of your case, the telephone number you called from and the name of the agent? Many thanks in advance.
Just following up here, Gazza1977. I've looked into the details of the case, flagged this with management and spoken to both agents in question.

From what I have come to understand, you have had a ticket escalated to our escalations team, who then e-mailed to ask you when might be convenient for them to call you. Unfortunately, we could not facilitate your request to be connected directly when you called following this e-mail; agents do not have the capacity to directly transfer calls to our escalations team. If a daytime slot does not suit you, I would urge you to respond to the e-mail, asking for an evening time-slot.

Let us know if you need anything else.
I was calling to ask for an evening slot. However the purpose of my call was not clarified because your agent refused to give any details or transfer me through to a manger in fact if you actually listened to the call he did not even know who is direct line manager was

2nd call I made the gentleman was very poilite and has asked for a engineer from Boston to call me as unfortunately I work full time and when your engineers in Europe are at work so am I

At the end of the second call I asked the agent to transfer me to a manger so I could discuss the 1st call I was told there was nobody avail.

I said ok can I have the name and contact details of a manger to discuss this AGAIN I was refused

I also asked for the name of the person who last accessed my account info because he would of left a marker and again I was refused this information

So as it stands I have spent over 4K on Sonos equipment I have an issue which it seems you guys can’t fix at the moment

You have rude customer service

I can’t actually think of any reasons to keep this equipment
Did you ever email them to get a support slot.
I was calling to ask for an evening slot. However the purpose of my call was not clarified because your agent refused to give any details or transfer me through to a manger in fact if you actually listened to the call he did not even know who is direct line manager was

2nd call I made the gentleman was very poilite and has asked for a engineer from Boston to call me as unfortunately I work full time and when your engineers in Europe are at work so am I

At the end of the second call I asked the agent to transfer me to a manger so I could discuss the 1st call I was told there was nobody avail.

I said ok can I have the name and contact details of a manger to discuss this AGAIN I was refused

I also asked for the name of the person who last accessed my account info because he would of left a marker and again I was refused this information

So as it stands I have spent over 4K on Sonos equipment I have an issue which it seems you guys can’t fix at the moment

2nd paragraph Chris

2nd paragraph Chris

So did you E-MAIL them as requested to arrange the call from Sonos?

I understand it's frustrating that Sonos phone support can't transfer calls, as noted by Edward R, but if they can't do it then they can't do it. FWIW I have had reason to contact Sonos by phone and e-mail in the past and though I live on my own and also work full-time have managed to make myself available during work hours to walk through issues.
1. If they can’t transfer a call they should take your details and get a manager to call you back

2 I work full time away from my house so what good would it be making myself avail for a call from a Sonos engineer when I’m 209 miles away from the equipment he wants to test

So it seems Stuart you have placed a judgmental comment on something you neither understand or know anything about

Also if Sonos chose to trade in the U.K. then they MUST ABIDE by British law. One of which is a complaints procedure
I have sent you a direct message.
Edward

Can you please forward me the address I need to write to for the following

A subject access request form so I can gain legal copies of all information Sonos holds on me and also transcripts or copies of all recorded calls

This request will be made under GDPR law here in the EU
In the interest of cohesion, I shall answer you in response to the direct message you have sent me. For anyone else reading along, the information that gazza1977 is requesting is available to anyone, at any time. Though there is a process we must adhere to.
We all understand this Edward however as with all the agents I have spoken on the phone and even yourself in that last response you fail to give all the facts

You say there is a process. And yet fail to disclose what the process is so everyone knows
Unfortunately, I am not aware of precisely how the process works. The policy is that we forward these requests to the management team of the corresponding region, where they are equipped to action upon these requests. I am not.
Ok thank you for your clarification can you also point us in the direction of and/or give us the contact details for your complaints depart

Also once you have forwarded this item onto management how long do they have to respond

Thanks
Not a problem, Gazza. Complaints are usually addressed via the avenue that I have forwarded your case down; we do not have a department specifically tasked with dealing with customer complaints. As such, there are no contact details to disclose - in the event that we receive a complaint we will simply have it addressed by a manager. The manager in question will then receive all details of your query and concerns. Usually they are prompt in dealing with these issues, though I cannot say precisely how long they may take to respond; this will be determined by how busy they are.

We are talking a matter of (a couple of) days in the majority of circumstances.