Skip to main content
Hello,

I have been using 2 x Sonos Play 1 (1 Kitchen, 1 Bathroom) and 1 Sonos Connect for years, but since a couple of weeks, the Play 1 are not recognized anymore.

Both Play 1 are connected wireless (Through SonosNet) and Play Connect is connected through ethernet cable to my router.

I have already tried to connect them again : pairing was difficult to set up but after many tries, it was ok for both Play 1

After paring was ok => I could use all devices. But while trying one day after, Sonos App (either mobile or PC) do not recognize the SOnos 1 anymore.

All apps and Sonos are up to date.

Thanks for you help
Hi nbarth78

Have you made any changes to your network (i.e new router, new modem added range extenders)?

Cheers!
I added a New NAS 1 Month ago
OK...adding the NAS should not affect your Sonos. If I'm reading your post correctly it appears you may be running in a mixed environment (i.e. Wi-Fi and Boost). Since it appears that the Connect is acting as your boost component I suggest you take down your Sonos and perform the boost setup again. Click the link for more how-to information and let us know the outcome:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

Cheers!
Thanks for your advices.

Yesterday I tried the following :

- Unplug every Sonos device

- Factory Reset and complete setup (wired) of the Sonos Connect

- Factory Reset and complete setup (wireless) of the 1st Sonos Play 1. The setup was difficult to do : The Play 1 was recognized but the connection was not working. After several tries (around 10), it worked.

- Factory Reset and complete setup (wireless) of the 2nd Sonos Play 1. The setup was easy

Sonos controller has difficulties to reach the players

I did ping tests : resultats are not stable.

when music is played, the sonos is replying to ping

After a moment, response time is increasing until that player is unreachable

And finally, players are reachable again...

I have the same results on both Player One devices, I don't think that there is a hardware issue...
see ping tests below

I created a support request, I will keep you informed 🙂