Skip to main content

Hi everyone, I just installed my Sonance outdoor speakers powered by the Sonos amp which will be able to provide the sound for my outdoor TV.  I have a fire pit that is a little bit away from where the TV is but in plain view of the TV. I wanted to know if I bought a Sonos move would I be able to pair it with my amp to here the sound of the TV so I don’t have to blast the outdoor speakers to loud that my neighbors will complain? 

First, I will be a bit pedantic because “pair” is a special word in the SONOS world. In SONOS lingo “Pair” means that identical left and right speakers can be “bonded” together as a stereo pair. You can assign either speaker as “left”. In this context you cannot “Pair” MOVE with anything except another MOVE. The Pair will appear as a single “Room” on your SONOS controller

Another SONOS concept is “Group”. Any combination of Rooms can be incorporated in a Group. All members of a Group will play the same music in a time aligned fashion. You can adjust the Volume independently for each Room or the overall Group Volume.

In your case you could name your MOVE as “Fire Pit” and Group it with the outdoor Room as needed. Of course a single MOVE will be Mono.

Make sure that you have adequate WiFi coverage at the fire pit.