Skip to main content

Hi

I have just been reading the Sonos page about reducing wireless interference and came across the bit about reducing interference from other devices that use WiFi.

It mentions moving Sonos speakers away from ‘other wireless audio systems’. Does this mean another Sonos speaker? For example, if I have one of my speakers very near to another (which don’t typically play the same music at the same time), could this be an issue with drop outs?

I only ask as I have one of my One SL surrounds very near to one of my stereo Fives in my lounge and I have actually been having the occasional drop out from both speakers when either having the TV on, or playing the Fives in stereo.

Note - all my non portable speakers use SonosNet via a Boost.

Yes, other Sonos speakers in close proximity could be a source of interference.

Are you able to move one of them to increase the distance between them?

@Mr. T 

Yes I can re-jig the Five speaker.

It is literally right next to the One SL so no doubt this is the issue. It does not happen all the time and I have only just noticed it these past couple of days to be honest. I will move the Five and hopefully it will resolve the drop outs.

You may be suffering from the near-far problem

@Mr. T

Yes I can re-jig the Five speaker.

It is literally right next to the One SL so no doubt this is the issue. It does not happen all the time and I have only just noticed it these past couple of days to be honest. I will move the Five and hopefully it will resolve the drop outs.

I used to have a pair of stereo Ones right beside the respective left/right surrounds, and don’t recall having any dropout issues due to their closeness. However, as you are experiencing the occasional drop, testing them when they are further apart should hopefully sort your issue.

I have since upgraded the Ones to Fives and moved them either side of the Arc, as didn’t like the location of the Fives beside the surrounds in my setting.

I ended up moving the surrounds - just a little further back in the main lounge area. So now there is a good 2 foot distance between the One SL and the Five. Let’s hope this fixes the drop outs 😃

Well… 

I don’t think Wireless interference solves the drop outs as well as the music stopping and skipping issues. I have a Sonos Roam speaker that has multiple connection issues, the music stops or  skips using Apple Music or AirPlay, as well as Alexa being unresponsive most of the times, or get Unable to play(Song name) The Connection to (Music Service) wast lost, Alexa says that there is an issue playing the music, or suddenly stops. I say that it shouldn’t fail because it’s the only Sonos device that I have, and in my home network all other devices are working fine, so it’s getting me stressed to the point of buying the Sonos Move to see if things improve, the Roam seems to by faulty product. 
From Sonos Support, I was told to change my router’s channel either to 1, 6, or 11, but, being from Mexico, I don’t know which channels are available, my hous is made of concrete walls, and I don’t really know how to manage my network settings, and I’m afraid I might break other devices. 
What else can I do to solve this matter? Read the Sonos Wireless interference article again an again? NoNoNoNo! I really bought this Sonos Roam  to enjoy my music happily, not to studdy the Sonos  wireless interference theory. I’m stressed and the Sonos technical  support here in Mexico almost always  is unresponsive, so, there is no way!  I’ll probably be returning it soon. Seriously, Help!!!