Skip to main content

If your Sonos Roam does not connect easily - please share stories with me

• 20 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi, I have a Sonos Roam and it is very hard to connect to. I have seen various threads on this site saying the same thing with the users more or less describing the same experience as me. I particularly share the sentiment on one user who explained how frustrating it is to decide you want to put music on, only to be denied by 20 minutes of trying to connect. All that happens is that the moment passes, and your wife looks at you disappointedly. When you consider how our phones connect effortlessly to everything else one has to ask how has Sonos made an expensive bit of kit that doesn’t connect very easily? And then you see the mess they have made with the app, and you realise Sonos is incompetent.  

In most of the other threads, a chap called Ken Griffiths pops  up to tell the users that are complaining about their Roam that his is OK, so what is the problem? It must all be fine. He does this on many posts, not apparently realising that all is clearly not fine. I always find contributions like this really odd and unhelpful, but the same happened to me in my last post; my play 1 & 3 wont connect - and still won’t since I got a new virgin hub. The response I had was that I was daft to assume that Sonos had to connect to every router.  I wonder if the Sonos warriors still think the same out after the mess of the new app. We shall see. 

The failure of Roam is unacceptable. I have a tesco made speaker (about £10) and it connects first time, easily. I have to use Roam now because my other Sonos speakers don’t work. I would be really interested in others experiencing the same difficulties with Roam.   

0 replies

Be the first to reply!