Answered

Home theatre drops out

• 30 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

My home theatre room drops out intermittently (Playbar + Sub + 3s as surrounds), while playing music or radio, not while watching TV.  This has happened for the last couple of weeks. All other rooms are solid. This problem started after replacing to a new Sony TV, which is also at the same time has we got new neighbours in the house next to house. So not easy to figure out, I guess. I’ve unplugged speakers, changed WiFi channel and also the SonosNet channel, and the problem persist. Looking for other solutions. Diagnostic 124111491

Thx

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 August 2021, 19:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It might be wireless interference from the TV. Can you disable the WiFi on the TV or disconnect the TV from your WiFi and see if you experience the same problems?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Ok so no drop out since cutting off the wifi on the tv. That is good, but this was intermittent problem so cross my fingers. Now how would i resolve the problem of tv with no wifi? Trying to figure out if its an essential, cant figure out what wifi my tv needs since all seems to go by Apple Tv. Wondering?

will update on this in the next 24 hours to report on the issue and the fix.

Userlevel 7

If you are using the apps on an Apple TV and you don’t use the native apps on your TV, then WiFi isn’t necessary. The only other thing you would need WiFi for is if you need to update the TV’s firmware.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

24 hrs later and problems seem to be in the past. So no more wifi on the new Bravia Sony TV, letting Apple Tv take care of the WiFi.

Thx for the help.