Skip to main content

How do I set up my Sonos Roam to play my music list on my Ionic?

1. Start by activating Bluetooth pairing mode on the Roam by following these steps:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4989?language=en_US

2. On Ionic, open the Settings app > Bluetooth.

3. Tap + Audio Device. Ionic searches for nearby devices.

4. When Ionic finds nearby Bluetooth audio devices, it shows a list on the screen. Select the Roam from the list. When pairing is complete, a check mark appears on the screen.

Assuming this watch device has Bluetooth, you would connect the Roam to it as a Bluetooth speaker, and play the music list as desired, as at that point, the Roam would play whatever it is sent via the Bluetooth signal. 

You would not be able to set up a watch as an NAS in the Sonos software, however, for the Roam to ‘read’ the files directly. 

Ionic cannot find Sonos Roam.  The Roams Blue light is solid and not flashing. It;s paired to my phone already. How to you add another device?

Disconnect the Roam from your phone.  If Roam doesn’t show up on your watch, press and hold to go into pairing mode, per the link in guitarsuperstar’s post.

1. Finally. I got it to pair with Ionic.I was taking the Sonos to another room to charge up completely and went to turn off Sonos and it got back into pairing flashing blue light mode.  Grabbed Ionic and went into pairing mode and Bada Bing she Paired.  Thanks to all of the great responses and tech.advice. This is a fantastic Community forum.  Baby B​​​​​​​