Do you think the new Era 100 is going to fit and look good on the Sanus Outlet Shelf?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Title says it all. Hard to tell from the technical drawings and dimensions of the new Era 100.

Kicking off a kitchen remodel and would like a stereo pair of 100’s. Looks like the width of the shelf is good, but I worry about the depth. Want it to look clean and not janky. Because this is going in a kitchen and the outlet shelfs will be mounted against a tile backsplash, I do not want to consider an actual mount that screws through the wall/backsplash. Need ability to remove/upgrade down the road. 

Era 100 = 7.18in H, 4.72in W, 5.14in D

Sanus Outlet Shelf = 6.84in H, 4.77in W, 5.32in D

12 replies

Userlevel 7

The depth is cutting it pretty close. If I were you, I would find another speaker shelf with a larger platform like this one from Echogear:

https://www.amazon.com/ECHOGEAR-Outlet-Shelf-Standard-Outlets/dp/B0BFG6NCM3/

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

The depth is cutting it pretty close. If I were you, I would find another speaker shelf with a larger platform like this one from Echogear:

https://www.amazon.com/ECHOGEAR-Outlet-Shelf-Standard-Outlets/dp/B0BFG6NCM3/

I saw that one, but it doesn’t appear to be compatible with decora-style outlets, which I believe I will need since this will be in a kitchen (GFI). Also, decora-style provides a slightly stouter install since you’re using two screws top and bottom, versus a single in the center between the receptacles. 

Since the Era 100 hasn’t yet been released, I’d be awfully tempted to give the manufacturers a month or three in order to spin up more compatible shelves. 

However, Echogear does have additional shelves that fit the decora style outlets, (for instance https://www.amazon.com/ECHOGEAR-Wide-Outlet-Shelf-Cord/dp/B0BFG45YJ9?ref_=ast_sto_dp)  they’re just more expensive than the one linked, by a dollar or two. I’ve not checked the shelf dimensions, though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not as good looking as my current outlet shelf but I’m saving it to my shopping list just in case. Thanks

Heh. Had no comment about the look. I’ve got three of the older Sanus versions, at some point those Sonos Ones/PLAY:1s will get updated, and I’ll need to think about this….but there’s plenty of time to allow manufacturers to catch up. 

Note: Now that I have time to look, the one I linked does seem big enough for the measurements posted by the OP. 

In my use of the Sanus ones, they’re sufficiently out of the way that they’re never brushed up against (I guess unless I’m drunk?) so even a slight precariousness wouldn’t be an issue for me. YMMV, of course. But something against the wall is unlikely to attract my shins too much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My shelf is mounted over a kitchen counter with no cabinets above it. Wife uses that counter a lot, both for dishes that overflow the drainer and for the crock-pot and the like that she doesn’t want steaming the cabinets. Much bigger, particularly with sharp corners is going to be an issue for her.

That One SL is a prime candidate for an upgrade, it is in a large room and not paired so getting a bit more sound there would be good so I’ll keep watching.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

FWIW, I called Sanus and spoke to a nice customer service rep. They do not currently have plans to make an outlet shelf for the Era 100. He suspects they may eventually, but soonest would be sometime mid-2024 by his best guess. The current Sanus shelf does not currently “support” the Era 100. He said it is likely to protrude off the front edge due to it’s depth as compared to the One. 

I think we’ll likely explore a custom/semi-custom route and possibly utilize a small piece of our countertop quartz to make our own custom outlet shelf. 

Thanks for reporting back, it’s most appreciated. Frankly, I’m fascinated by your concept of making your own custom shelf, please keep us posted!

And to be honest, I’m curious as to how precarious the Era 100 is on the current Sanus outlet shelf. I’ve got a few of them (I think I accidentally ordered an extra one from Amazon, and never returned it) and at least two are in use. Not sure yet if they need new speakers on them or not. I’ve not yet ordered an Era 100. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks for reporting back, it’s most appreciated. Frankly, I’m fascinated by your concept of making your own custom shelf, please keep us posted!

And to be honest, I’m curious as to how precarious the Era 100 is on the current Sanus outlet shelf. I’ve got a few of them (I think I accidentally ordered an extra one from Amazon, and never returned it) and at least two are in use. Not sure yet if they need new speakers on them or not. I’ve not yet ordered an Era 100. 

I’ll let you know. I have (2) Sanus shelves and pre-ordered a pair of Era 100’s. 

I’ll let you know. I have (2) Sanus shelves and pre-ordered a pair of Era 100’s. 

Did your Era 100s arrive yet? I would be curious as to how they look on the outlet shelves.

Did you ever see if the Era 100 fit on the Sanus shelves?