Answered

cant connect surrounds

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Upgraded to s2 now I can’t connect my play ones as surrounds as they were before. I can see them on the app but won’t let me do anything with them. How do I remove them on the s2 app. Driving me crazy. I only added a new arc now hours later still can complete the setup

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 January 2023, 12:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure to separate them as a stereo pair before trying to add them as surrounds.

You should also try rebooting your router and phone.

Hi Rashi thanks, I have rebooted my router loads the problem is the speakers are saying connected but when I click on the room name they are not there it takes me to the online help straight away and I have tried all that. Can I just remove them in the app. I’m can seem to find that option 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Dazza310, welcome to the Sonos Community!

To separate a stereo pair, go into the settings page then system in the Sonos app. You should see the Play:1 pair as what you named them, tap on the room name and you’ll see the option to Remove Stereo Pair. Once you’ve done that, you should be able to add them as surrounds.

I hope this helps!