Answered

Can't re-use my old Flexson Play:1 adjustable stands with a new Play One

• 22 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I recently upgraded some of my old Play:1 speakers to the New Play One and assumed that i could re-use my existing Flexson adjustable speaker Stands.  I was wrong.  New stands supplied by Flexson are universal and they will fit but i don't want to have to buy new stands.  

Is anyone aware of anywhere of where i could just obtain the speaker holder/ base that fits to the top of the stem?  I have looked at the instructions for the old one and the new one and they look like they use the same fixing method to the top of the stem. So i believe this is all that is needed.   However i have spoken with Flexson support and they don't supply that bit.  Is any one aware of a solution that allows me to re-use my old stands or aware of any where i can get the speaker holder/base ?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 December 2022, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No. I was in a similar situation several years ago, I ended up just purchasing new Flexson stands. Probably as Flexson’s sales department wanted.

However, if I remember properly (and have since gotten rid of the old stands, so I can’t check), it wasn’t going to be a simple swap, there were differences in the stands over time. More useful now, that they’ve made them universal, but a pain for those of us who were ‘early adopters’.