Skip to main content
I have a play 3 about 2 years old that is in a secondary room and hardly gets used, it had true play or whatever auto sound deal, it blew the base as I was listening to The Beatles...I feel it should handle that without issue I mean that's a joke right? I've searched these forms and I've seen multiple people with the EXACT same issue, specifically the base cracking and blowing with easy listening. I think it's clearly a manufacturer defect and this system is too high-end to have this happening. I hope sonos makes this right...
If you want Sonos to "make it right", you might want to start with a diagnostics submission, followed by a phone call to them
I have submitted a diagnostoc report and am awaiting the next step, thank you for your "concern". I was moreso speaking to the fact that this is not an isolated event with me or the others reporting the same issue. Many users have reported that sonos offers a "discount" for a new one in this situation. After my report comes back, Im hoping they do better than a discount, and if they do I will 100% come back here and report so others know what to expect; but as I mentioned, this is not a cheap system and the exact same issue should not be happening with so many speakers. This forum is to report issues, this clearly qualifies as an "issue".
You should be aware that just submitting the diagnostic via the controller on your compute or phone/tablet sends a file with a unique reference number to Sonos. In order for them to action that file you need to send them the diagnostic number - You may already have done this via Twitter, Facebook or phone but if not please add the number to this thread.
Whatever way you dice it, an item of that price and quality should last more than 2 years.
Whatever way you dice it, an item of that price and quality should last more than 2 years.

There isn't a product on earth produced in the numbers Sonos units are and used in the way Sonos products that have a 0 failure rate. Anybody who has that expectation is living in cloud cuckoo land.

That's not to say, of course, that Sonos units have a high or even higher than their peer failure rate and I expect an exceedingly high proportion of users never have/will experience an early life failure.