Answered

APPLE TV 4K + COUPLE ONE SL

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Has someone experienced pairing APPLE TV 4K with a couple of SONOS ONE only for audio movie reproduction? Are there synchronism problems?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 7 March 2023, 13:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @AndSo123,

I wouldn’t recommend using only Sonos Ones for this setup. TV Audio is very high bandwidth which is why we recommend our soundbars connected via HDMI or Optical. While Airplay can pass this audio to the Sonos Ones, you’ll likely run into many issues with audio/video syncing, delays, and audio dropouts.

If you use either the Ray, Beam, or Arc, you can configure your Sonos Ones as surround speakers to play with the soundbar and provide TV audio.

Perhaps other users in the community have used a similar setup to you, but I wouldn’t think they’ve done so without the aforementioned issues. 

I hope this information helps!

Although it’s not the setup I would recommend, I haven’t had any lip-syncing or audio dropout issues when using my two Sonos Ones connected to my Apple TV 4K via AirPlay. In my experience, a Sonos Beam either Gen1 or Gen2, sounds considerably better for audio movie reproduction, while for music I still prefer a pair of Sonos Ones.

That’s my two cents :)

Hi @AndSo123,

I wouldn’t recommend using only Sonos Ones for this setup. TV Audio is very high bandwidth which is why we recommend our soundbars connected via HDMI or Optical. While Airplay can pass this audio to the Sonos Ones, you’ll likely run into many issues with audio/video syncing, delays, and audio dropouts.

If you use either the Ray, Beam, or Arc, you can configure your Sonos Ones as surround speakers to play with the soundbar and provide TV audio.

Perhaps other users in the community have used a similar setup to you, but I wouldn’t think they’ve done so without the aforementioned issues. 

I hope this information helps!

thanks for this helpfull answer