Answered

Sonos Voice Control - roll out dates?

Badge

It seems US has already got the SVC released and seen online that France will get SVC (French?) later this year, but what about the rest of the world? Would be nice to see some kind of timeline for us who don’t want to share what we say with google or amazon.

I would be happy to be able to use the same version as for the US, as English is still the main language in my household and I wouldn’t want a local language version.

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 6 June 2022, 12:14

View original

16 replies

SVC is available worldwide in US-English. In the settings go to ‘Services and voice’.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3550?language=en_US

If you are using the latest S2 version of controller with S2 units, it should be available now; the whole world got it at the same time.

Badge

@Smilja: for me the issue ain’t where to add voice assistant.

@Kumar: The only options I have are “Google Assistant”, “Amazon Alexa”, and “Not now”.
All devices has the latest firmware and I have the latest S2 app installed (14.8.1.68329240), so it don’t seem the have been rolled out world wide.

@TuxUser, Where are you located?

I’m really excited to announce that Sonos Voice Control is now available globally in US English!

@TuxUser : I don’t have SVC since I am not on S2 so I can't give you the step by step to get it going for you. But for sure, this is a global simultaneous release confirmed to be so by Sonos more than once.

Ps: Using the S2 app to check for updates and getting any that it says are available done first may be the thing you need to do.

Badge

@Smilja: Scandinavia

@Kumar: As I already stated, the app is a later version than the initial which is supposed to have SVC support, also all firmwares are up to date. How to install voice assistant in S1 and S2 are more or less the same.

Badge

Talked with Sonos support, they verified that it’s only users with a US account that has the SVC as an option, but didn’t know about roll out dates for other regions.

@TuxUser : Keep an eye on the latest posts in the thread linked below:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have SVC and have a UK account. I did not change it to US.

Talked with Sonos support, they verified that it’s only users with a US account that has the SVC as an option, but didn’t know about roll out dates for other regions.

Not true. I’m in Austria, SVC is available and accessible here without having to tweak the location. Completing the address in your Sonos account might help.

The way I read that press release, the rollout was international, but only for US English, and not yet other languages, which would be coming later. 

Badge

@Smilja: The address is correctly filled, otherwise I wouldn’t have any Sonos products at all.

@Airgetlam: the common thing I have noticed is that all of you are living in a country with English as the official language. 

Some insert only the country there in. In Austria people are speaking German, not English.

@TuxUser You still don’t have it and no response from anyone in Sonos? Disappointing.

Userlevel 7

@TuxUser Are you using any DNS blocker as they seem to cause an issue with Sonos Voice Control appearing on the controller.

See the following:

Badge

@Mr. T: Seems you had the solution there, thanks