Sonos Voice Assistant Set Up

• 11 December 2022
  • 18 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have the Sonos Arc and i’m trying to set up voice assistant through the app, but there is no option in the app to “add voice assistant”  here is a screenshot of what it looks like in my app.

18 replies

First, make sure it is available in your location:

Alexa Availability

Google Assistant Availability

If it is, go here and login:

https://www.sonos.com/login

Then edit your profile.  Make sure your country is correct.

Badge

Ok thank you- i logged in and updated my profile and double checked country is United States, where it is available. But i’m still not seeing the option to add “sonos voice assistant” in the app. 

Does the Sonos Voice Assistant work independently from Alexa and Google assistants? 

I do have Alexa set up and connected to my sonos. 

Thank you for your help! 

Userlevel 7

Ok thank you- i logged in and updated my profile and double checked country is United States, where it is available. But i’m still not seeing the option to add “sonos voice assistant” in the app. 

Does the Sonos Voice Assistant work independently from Alexa and Google assistants? 

I do have Alexa set up and connected to my sonos. 

Thank you for your help! 

Sonos Voice Control is independent from Alexa and Google Assistant.

Do you perhaps have an Arc SL?

If you go into the Arc room settings, is there a header for Voice if you scroll down?

@Jill1971 

Perhaps try fully closing (slide off screen) and reopening the Mobile Controller App and then check again under ‘Settings/Services & Voice’

Whoops, I missed the title.  I was thinking a generic voice assistant, not the Sonos specific one.,

Badge

If you go into the Arc room settings, is there a header for Voice if you scroll down?

Yes i have the Arc SL

I do not see a header for Voice in the Arc room settings, i see ‘sound’ , ‘home theater’ and ‘hardware’ 

Badge

@Jill1971 

Perhaps try fully closing (slide off screen) and reopening the Mobile Controller App and then check again under ‘Settings/Services & Voice’

tried that, even signed out a couple times. 

does it just take time??

Userlevel 7

Yes i have the Arc SL

I do not see a header for Voice in the Arc room settings, i see ‘sound’ , ‘home theater’ and ‘hardware’ 

The Arc SL doesn’t have an in-built microphone.

To use Sonos Voice Control you need a Sonos speaker with a microphone, so an Arc, Beam, One, Roam, Move etc.

From your screenshot, it would appear you don’t own any suitable Sonos speaker to utilise Sonos Voice Control, so that is why it is not appearing as an option for you.

Badge

Yes i have the Arc SL

The Arc SL doesn’t have an in-built microphone.

To use Sonos Voice Control you need a Sonos speaker with a microphone, so an Arc, Beam, One, Roam, Move etc.

actually sorry i have the Arc.  

this is my product.  

Userlevel 7

Okay, in that case, I think it is to do with either DNS settings or a blocker on your phone stopping Sonos Voice Control from being visible in the app. Let me see if I can find another thread where this was resolved…

edit: here’s one example

Badge

Okay, in that case, I think it is to do with either DNS settings or a blocker on your phone stopping Sonos Voice Control from being visible in the app. Let me see if I can find another thread where this was resolved…

awesome thank you!

Badge

awesome thank you!

and i did check my settings on my phone for sonos app and the microphone is toggled on. 

Userlevel 7

awesome thank you!

Are you using any VPN or other Security software, such as a Firewall/Antivirus etc; on either the mobile device, or router, which perhaps ‘might’ be blocking access to the SVC service?

Badge

awesome thank you!

Are you using any VPN or other Security software, such as a Firewall/Antivirus etc; on either the mobile device, or router, which perhaps ‘might’ be blocking access to the SVC service?

no. pretty sure.  My router is Starlink. and my devices are apple ios. 

Badge

awesome thank you!

no. pretty sure.  My router is Starlink. and my devices are apple ios. 

ok, why in the app does it identify my product as Arc SL ? 

Where did you buy it?  I'm pretty sure the Arc SL is a Costco exclusive.

Badge

yes costco. geez. any way to swap ?!? uggg. 

yes costco. geez. any way to swap ?!? uggg. 

Not a Costco member, so I don't know.