Spoken alarms/calendar integration

• 22 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Sometimes I'm just listening to music, reading a book or surfing the web, and completely forget what time it is. I wish Sonos would lower the music volume and tell me "It's 11PM". That alert could be manually set up, or come from outlook/google calendar, or even come from Google Now/Siri/Cortana

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Calender integration would be great together with alarm config, adding a year calendar ( holiday's) would be a nice feature so you can set the alarm-clock on a different time during holiday and work day's...
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
This would be possible with IFTTT (If This Then That)[/url] integration as it can check for calendar events (from many providers) and trigger actions at a certain date & time. I think that IFTTT integration would be worth the time and resources (over supporting individual services like Google Calendar)
Hi everyone, am new to SONOS, @Josh D could you please explain more how we can achieve your idea?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, am new to SONOS, @Josh D could you please explain more how we can achieve your idea?
Hopefully Josh comes along, though he did post this 3 years ago. Today we just announced that IFTTT and Sonos have been integrated. Take a look at our announcement post.
Thank you @Ryan 😃
You can use "Google Calendar" to have events, and use "Google Play Music" service to have media file, and play as alarms at your required time using "IFTTT" applet. Very inexpensive and excellent solution.