Answered

Sonos Speakers in Apple Shortcuts App iOS 13.1

• 26 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Has anyone managed to get Sonos speakers to show up as devices in the Shortcuts app? I have Sonos Ones and they are set up in the Home app, but they wonโ€™t show up as devices in the Shortcuts app so I can add them to scenes/automations.
icon

Best answer by cd6445 8 October 2019, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Iโ€™d love to get this set up too but it think itโ€™s only for HomePods on iOS 13.1 I think.

i am considering jumping ship .... especially with NFC tags now being able to trigger scenes
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Yeah, such a shame!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
All of mine show up. When you Create the shortcut add "Set Playback Destination" it will default to the device you create the shortcut on. Highlight that device and a Drop down list will show up and populate all speakers available to play back to. I have 4 shortcuts setup for airplay playback to my Sonos speakers.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
All of mine show up. When you Create the shortcut add "Set Playback Destination" it will default to the device you create the shortcut on. Highlight that device and a Drop down list will show up and populate all speakers available to play back to. I have 4 shortcuts setup for airplay playback to my Sonos speakers.

OK, I can get then to show up this way, thank you! However, I can only select one at a time?!?! As far as I can see you cannot Set Playback Destination to multiple Sonos Ones?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ahhh I remember now!! LOL IOS 13.2 is suppose to introduce airplay speakers in scenes with automations and I can only assume shortcuts as well. In effect adding Airplay 2 speakers to groups as well. That may be your ticket to resolution! Research IOS 13.2 Airplay 2 Automations and scenes..That should get you excited! It works for me! ๐Ÿ˜
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1570164918
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

ahhh I remember now!! LOL IOS 13.2 is suppose to introduce airplay speakers in scenes with automations and I can only assume shortcuts as well. In effect adding Airplay 2 speakers to groups as well. That may be your ticket to resolution! Research IOS 13.2 Airplay 2 Automations and scenes..That should get you excited! It works for me! ๐Ÿ˜

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1570164918

Now this looks like what I was hoping for, thank you!!!