Answered

Siri on Sonos

Userlevel 3
Badge

With the announcement from apple that Siri will be available on 3rd party accessories would love to see Sonos take advantage of this as a option along with Alexa and Google assistant.

icon

Best answer by James L. 9 June 2021, 10:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

That would be great !!! 
This is the feature I miss the most on my Sonos. 

Userlevel 1

I’d love to see this too.

I’d really like to standardise on Siri / Homekit, but I prefer Sonos to Apple’s HomePod range. If Sonos added Siri support I’d be able to use the same voice assistant everywhere.

Badge +17

Thanks for your suggestion! We don’t have anything to announce at the moment regarding native support for Siri on Sonos, but I’ll be sure to pass your request on to our development team for consideration. It might also be worth letting Apple know that you’d like to see Siri on Sonos products, since it’s ultimately their decision as to where their service is available. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Hi James, thanks and great idea - I’ve submitted feedback to Apple, asking them to work with Sonos to make Siri available on voice-enabled Sonos speakers.

I’ve also separately asked them to add a feature to the HomePod mini, allowing it to be grouped with Sonos speakers via Airplay, so that any voice request to play music is played via the grouped speakers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

…/... It might also be worth letting Apple know that you’d like to see Siri on Sonos products, since it’s ultimately their decision as to where their service is available. :slight_smile:

Thanks James.
Any idea how to send a feedback to Apple about this ?
There is no Siri subject on this page : https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Userlevel 1

…/... It might also be worth letting Apple know that you’d like to see Siri on Sonos products, since it’s ultimately their decision as to where their service is available. :slight_smile:

Thanks James.

I had the same issue, so I just selected “iPhone” and then noted in the comment that they need a Siri section. Hopefully it will get to the right place.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have posted my feedback under Apple Music….

Badge +17

Thanks James.

Yeah, that’s typically the right place. I’m not entirely sure why they don’t have a dedicated Siri section, but I guess iPhone or Music might get it to the right people :slight_smile:

YES PLEASE! I have a couple of One SL’s scattered around the house plus a recent Move that took place in the kitchen instead of my HomePod. I would love to use Siri but on my Sonos speakers. Swapping out my One SL’s and getting a HomePod mini to achieve this would be a no brainier. 

Crossing my fingers! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for your suggestion! We don’t have anything to announce at the moment regarding native support for Siri on Sonos, but I’ll be sure to pass your request on to our development team for consideration. It might also be worth letting Apple know that you’d like to see Siri on Sonos products, since it’s ultimately their decision as to where their service is available. :slight_smile:

Will let Apple know - did what they announced on Monday not pave the way for Siri to be available on Sonos devices then?

Badge +17

Will let Apple know - did what they announced on Monday not pave the way for Siri to be available on Sonos devices then?

As I mentioned earlier, we don’t have anything to share around whether Siri will be available on Sonos devices natively. Keep an eye on our website and the Announcements section of this community for any updates when we have them. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Wow. I can only assume people still using Siri have never tried Google or Alexa!  Even Cortana understands and can do more than Siri. 

Wow. I can only assume people still using Siri have never tried Google or Alexa!  Even Cortana understands and can do more than Siri. 

Well, neither Google nor Alexa handles my home-tech with the same level of privacy for me as a user imo. I am happy that you like them though! We all have our reasons for using whatever platform, if there are requests for Siri now that the opportunity to use Siri on Sonos has opened up, lets leave this thread for that :) 

+1

https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/15/sonos-urges-regulation-of-apple-and-big-tech/

This seems incredibly stupid on Sonos' part and what is with all their litigation. I use Siri to control my Sonos devices and would love to have more capability in that area.  Sonos should spend their $$$ on innovating not lawyers.

I can only assume that you have never used Siri and the Home app for smart home.  Cortana does not do more and nobody uses it.  All of them but Apple, including Sonos, steal your private information and sell it to advertisers.  Most of us who use Siri have used Alexa and or Google and witched.  You have obviously never used Siri.  So wow.

Also...newsflash...Siri already works on Sonos.  Just not to it’s full capability.  I use HomePods minis to control all of my smart home devices and one just for my stereo paired Fives.  Works great.

All Sonos has to do is write to the api.  Apple should’t have to do anything.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/15/sonos-urges-regulation-of-apple-and-big-tech/

This seems incredibly stupid on Sonos' part and what is with all their litigation. I use Siri to control my Sonos devices and would love to have more capability in that area.  Sonos should spend their $$$ on innovating not lawyers.

Sonos isn’t suing Apple.  And Sonos lawsuits have been about copyright protection.  Sonos has innovated, and then other companies used their patented tech.  Innovation does you no good if others are going to just steal it from you.

All Sonos has to do is write to the api.  Apple should’t have to do anything.

Incorrect. Apple would need to license it out at a reasonable cost and assist in testing and probably development.  I doubt this ‘API’ already exists, and Apple may need to make some adjustments to accommodate what Sonos firmware can and cannot do.  And this API is going to be a lot of handshaking and communicating back and forth.  A bit more complex that what is generally thought of as an API.

I can only assume that you have never used Siri and the Home app for smart home.  Cortana does not do more and nobody uses it.  All of them but Apple, including Sonos, steal your private information and sell it to advertisers.  Most of us who use Siri have used Alexa and or Google and witched.  You have obviously never used Siri.  So wow.

100% Wrong.  The privacy agreement specifically states that Sonos does not sell data as you’re suggesting