Answered

Older Sonos Devices in Homekit

• 20 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I’ve read online that older Sonos devices (without Airplay2) will not appear appear in Homekit.  However, once you add a single Airplay2 compatible Sonos device, it will act as a bridge, enabling all Sonos devices to appear in Homekit.

I have a house full of older Sonos devices that don’t support Airplay2 (but all are S2 compatible).  And then I have two devices that DO support Airplay2 - a Sonos Move, and an Ikea Symfonisk.  The Move and the Symfonisk appear in Homekit, but none of the legacy devices are there, which contradicts what I’m reading online.

Hoping someone here can tell me if what I’ve read is incorrect, or if something is wrong with my setup.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ratty 20 February 2022, 21:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’m not a Homekit user but the idea of a ‘bridge’ doesn’t make a lot of sense. If only the Move and Symfonisk in the system support Airplay you can target one of those and group other speakers with them. For ease of use, go to Settings/System/Airplay and make sure “Group Non-Airplay Products” is checked.