Answered

Lutron Audio Pico Remote not controlling group volume on Sonos

• 30 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have two 1st generation Sonos Amp and two Connect devices and four Lutron Audio Pico remotes. The Sonos Amps are used for ceiling speakers in the main living space, each powering 2 sets of speakers which are set up as a Group on the Sonos app.  I would like all four remotes to control the group volume.  However, the remotes only control the volume of a single amp but they all control an on-off function and playlist selection of both amps.  Is it possible to have all remotes control the volume of both amps when they are grouped together?  

I have tried to troubleshoot on the Lutron side.  The remote device can only be paired with one device, in this case one amp.  The app does not allow me to pair with more than one amp.  

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 March 2020, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello Stan, Thank you for bringing this question to the us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. This would be a question for Lutron with getting setup for using multiple remotes. The Sonos products you describe with our C:Amp’s and our Connect’s are controlled by the Sonos app on your controller. This sounds like an issue with how Lutron is being allowed access to communicate in your setup.

If you are having issues controlling the Sonos products with the Sonos app you can call in and troubleshoot with one of our agents.

I would suggest you see if anyone in the Community has any experience with your described setup and see if they can offer any assistance.  

Hi - I have worked with Lutron on this, submitted a case and had quite a few emails back and forth.  Turns out this is AS DESIGNED.  while the play/pause will work with all grouped speakers, the volume up / down does not.

This is the most inane design in the history of electronics in my opinion.

I have 6 Sonos speakers, i am not going to be buying 6 remotes.  My decision is to return the hub and the two remotes i bought (to control upstairs/downstairs groups).

I may revisit if/when they address this.