Answered

Locking groups together

• 21 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I've got a 2 Sonos Ones in a bedroom and a Sonos Play 1 in the adjacent Ensuite.

I want the Bedroom and Ensuite speakers perminat locked into a group, but still separate rooms... And this is why:

Using IFTTT, when I switch the bathroom light on, it unmutes the ensuite speaker. So, IF there is music playing the bedroom, it will follow me into the ensuite when I switch the light on.

Then re-mutes the ensuite speaker when I switch the light off again. I've got this set up perfectly, very fancy pants (when it works).

Now, I've got many other Sonos speakers. If I decide to group the music already playing in the Kitchen, with the Bedroom (/ensuite), it will first create a new group between the kitchen and the bedroom, so, I have to tuen add a few more steps to get the ensuite back into the group. This is also the case whilst ungrouoing. Bit of a pain. Not gonna loose sleep over it, however, locking groups together, for my situation, would be very cool. Please ADD THE ABILITY TO LOCK GROUPS TOGEHTER!! ?.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 September 2018, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Inmaterichard,

I’m not too sure that I fully understand the suggestion, as you are breaking the 'bedroom' and 'en-suite' rooms apart yourself by grouping the en-suite with Kitchen. How would the system know when you were finished with the Kitchen/en-suite setup and to then switch back to the original group? I would not want to see it doing that each time a playlist, or album, ended playing in the Kitchen.

My thoughts would be to have quick selectable 'Room Profiles' instead that could perhaps be selected in the App or by voice control.

For your case of IFTTT triggers, you perhaps need something that groups the speakers for you and then plays a saved favourite playlist when you (trigger) switch the en-suite light on... I think Sonos are currently working a variety of IFTTT Applets so it maybe worth suggesting these things to the team. See the below links:

https://ifttt.com/sonos

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985