IFTTT integration mostly broken since yesterday

• 16 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies

Hi,

Since yesterday most of my Sonos IFTTT applets don’t work anymore. Might be related to the upgrade from 13.0 to 13.1.

Oddly my applet to set the volume to a specific default value in the morning is still working (but I can’t edit it as players are not loading).

Not working:

• pausing a player
  • start playing a favorite radio station on a player
  • editing or adding an applet as I don’t see any players or favorites to select

Action failure messages I see in IFTTT are either:

• “Internal error (400 Error: Request failed with status code 504)” or
  • “There was a problem running the action"

I tried connecting IFTTT with the Sonos service again. That works without any problem, but doesn’t fix anything.

To me it looks like there is a communication issue between Sonos and IFTTT backend systems.

Anyone else seeing this? Or is everything working for you guys?

fok

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @fok_1,

All of my custom recipes as well as the standard ones are working fine on my system, including some of the ones you’ve mentioned. If you’re not seeing any players or favourites show up inside IFTTT that either means the Sonos account linked to IFTTT has no registered players attached or there’s a communication issue, as you suggested. Double check that the Sonos account linked matches the account that your Sonos players are registered to and attempt to enable/edit a recipe. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you, @James L. 

The account is correct as those applets have run 500 to 900 times each without a problem before that, and also (oddly) volume changes still work. I also double checked again.

I just opened a ticket with IFTTT Pro support. Let’s see what they have to say.

Badge

I have this same issue where I have a trigger configured for a playlist that is quite large.  It has over 1000 songs on it from years of using Shazam.  I find that when I ask Alexa to activate the trigger by saying the programmed phrase, she sends it to IFTTT, there is a long delay (up to almost 1 minute) and then the playlist starts playing.  When I check the activity log in IFTTT, it shows an error on the trigger:

Internal error (400 Error: Request failed with status code 504)

All of my other triggers to my other playlists all work flawlessly.  Those playlists are all well under 1000 songs.  I’m thinking it is somehow related to the size of the playlist.

Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It looks like this issue was on the Sonos side as I also couldn’t use a different API integration (Lyd on iPhone). The problem was the same: No Sonos rooms where found after connecting with the correct Sonos account.

I wanted to talk directly to the Sonos API to confirm before opening a case however creating a developer account also failed a few days ago with an unspecific error message, so I postponed it.

However since yesterday between 4:26 and 7:51 pm CEST my IFTTT scripts suddenly work again (after 12 days since the upgrade to 13.1) and also Lyd can find Sonos rooms again.

So my question to Sonos would be: Was there anything you changed/fixed yesterday?