Controlling Sonos Amp Volume with Siri

• 14 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a brand new Sonos Amp that I just set up to control a set of outdoor speakers.  Everything is working great except that I cannot change the Sonos amp volume using Siri voice control.  I have the Amp added to HomeKit and it is listed as an AirPlay option.  

Should I set the Sonos amp volume to a midpoint level and then use the volume option in say Apple Music to adjust the volume being said from the iPhone or is there a better way?

Thanks, 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Your sonos should be an Airplay compatible

1. Open the Apple Home app "+" symbol in the top right corner

2. Tap Add Accessory.

3. Choose More Options...

4. Tap the Sonos product you want to add.

5. Pick the same room name used in the Sonos app.

Thanks so much for the reply. I did stumble across that. I'm looking up solutions. I did find a little quirk with Siri that also fixed my issue.  The room where I have my outdoor speakers located with the Sonos amp, I've named “Deck”. If you say “Siri play music ON the Deck”  Siri won't play it, however, if you say “Siri play music IN the Deck” it works.  One normally says “Play in the Bedroom” or “Play in the Kitchen” or “Play in the garage” but hardly ever “Play on a room name”.  Interesting quirk with Siri