Answered

Boost

• 6 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Now that I have my new Frontier Fiber with Eero Pro 6 mesh connected and all my Sonos are up and running do I need Boost anymore? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 March 2024, 20:33

View original

5 replies

Depends. How are your speakers connected? Are any Sonos devices wired, other than the BOOST? Which Sonos devices do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does your system work well with the Boost? Then why change it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Depends. How are your speakers connected? Are any Sonos devices wired, other than the BOOST? Which Sonos devices do you have?

All my Sonos speakers are connected wireless off the new Eeros and seem to be working fine. All appear in my Sonos 2 app. All playing music throughout the house. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Does your system work well with the Boost? Then why change it?

Yes, it did work okay to well when i had the old school dinosaur modem/router (10+ years old). I have the new Eeros Pro6 with 2 Eero mesh. The Eero router only has 1 port for wired so I have a 4 port switch off of it and all 3 are being used. I don’t have the Boost connected to the switch, but the Sonos seems to be working fine without it. I do have a 8 port Netgear switch if I needed to switch out the 4 port. I have a total of 15 Sonos products, including Move and Port. All working off the new Eeros. 

If all Sonos devices are connected to the eero network, and not SonosNet, then the BOOST is not doing anything, and can be turned off.