Answered

Unable to control Roam using S2 app

Badge

When connected to my home wifi network I am able to start playing music on my Roam but Im unable to see whats playing, pause/stop or skip tracks in the app. The only control I seem to have over the speaker (in app) after music has started is adjusting the volume. Though I did notice the volume on thr Roam appears to be all the way down until adjusted the first time, then it seems to sync with the speaker.

Should I be able to have more control over the speaker in app while on wifi? 

icon

Best answer by Caspiller 31 May 2021, 03:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You should have the same amount of control of the Roam in the Sonos app while connected to WiFi as you would any other Sonos speaker.

Try rebooting your router and phone. Also try rebooting the Roam following these steps:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.
Badge

Thank you for confirming I should have the same control as all other speakers.

I realized that I had forgotten to add the Roam to my Sonos group needed for my VLAN and Firewall rules. After adding the Roam to the group and rebooting the Roam I now have full control just like all other speakers.

Thank you for your reply.