Answered

Unable to connect Sonos Move to the system

• 23 April 2023
  • 10 replies

Our Move dropped from the system for no apparent reason and now we are unable to find it or reload it. We have tried re-booting, installing again, re-loading the app. Nothing seems to work.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 April 2023, 13:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wb_4896 

Thanks for your post!

Your Move isn’t connected to our cloud either, so this isn’t just that the app cannot talk to the speaker (as it sometimes is).

If you haven’t tried rebooting your WiFi router, I highly recommend you do so by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. It will take approximately 5 minutes for WiFi to return.

If you still have problems after trying that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Corry. Nice to hear from you.

Here’s the latest, after 3+ hour this morning in 2 sessions with technical support and a session with our ISP regrading service and the actual router at the request of technical support there has been no resolution. Should I bring the Move up to SB?

Since Corry is in the EU, I’m not sure there’s any value in taking anything to Santa Barbara. Nor does Sonos have any customer facing interface in any of their offices, everything is done via the internet, or by phone call. You’re better off continuing the interaction as is. 

Sounds good, I’ll keep at it - but we now have three speakers and no utility. If the chat bot doesn’t work and the technical support doesn’t work what should be the next step?

Are any of MOVE’s status lights active?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wb_4896 

In your chat transcript, I can see that you reported that the Move’s light was blue. This means that the Move is in Bluetooth mode and will therefore not connect to WiFi or the Sonos app. Please press the Bluetooth button on the Move so that it leaves Bluetooth mode, and it should show in the app shortly after.

I hope this helps.

Status lights all work and each individual unit powers up and goes through the connection sequence - the problem is at the system (maybe app?) end. The system drops entirely and the message we invariably get is “unable to find the system, let’s fix this”. Is the app not compatible with Apple iOS any longer? What happened is everything worked fine a week ago and then it abruptly stopped working. There have been no changes at this end - no new equipment, no changes to the wi-fi network, no moving equipment, no power issues - absolutely status quo.

As an aside we are able to find the Move as a bluetooth device. Possibly the light flashed blue during a re-boot before going dull white. The unit is continually in a dull white state.

*NOT able to find the Move as a bluetooth device.

As an update - it is now all speakers that we are unable to access after working with technical support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wb_4896 

Please try the following steps:

• In the Settings tab, click WiFi

• Click WiFi under the Settings page

• Click on the network SSID. Note: if there are multiple SSIDs that the players and controllers connect to, the same will need to be done for each SSID. image.png
  • Scroll down to Advanced Configuration and set it to Manual

• Scroll down to Multicast Management and click on Show Options image.png
  • Disable the following options by unchecking the Enable option:

1. Multicast and Broadcast Control (blocks all multicast and broadcast for non-listed devices).

2. Multicast Enhancement (converts multicast to unicast when possible).

3. Client Device Isolation (prevents wireless client on the same AP from communicating with each other).

4. Proxy ARP (converts broadcast to unicast when possible). image.png

• Click on the Apply Changes button at the bottom of the page.

• Once completed, allow up to a minute for the AP to provision (apply the settings) and restore online connection, then proceed to rebooting or regrouping the Sonos Players.

I hope this helps.