Answered

Two Sets of Speakers

• 17 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello. I bought two sets of Sonos speakers: A 4-speaker One SL for my country house, and a 3-speaker Sonos Roam for my apartment. Can both systems (my home and country house) work with the same Sonos Account? What precautions should I take?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 May 2022, 23:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you set them all up at one time, in one environment, they’ll all be part of the same Sonos Household. Then when you took the “other” set to the other environment, they’d share essentially the same thing….until you made a change. When they’re separated like that, they’re no longer maintaining the same playlists, streams, etc. Sonos doesn’t store data in the cloud, so they’d eventually drift apart, while still being associated with the same “account”. 

Note that if you set them all up in one place, moving them to the second place would be a lot easier if both were either wired (Sonos BOOST or a Sonos speaker) or shared the same SSID/password in both locations.