Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Roam won’t connect with other speakers

Since the latest update of the Sonos app on my iPhone 13, my Roam speaker has refused to connect with the other speakers. It works, but only separately from the others, which means having two circuits running simultaneously - one for the Roam alone, another for everything else. Trying the other way round, i.e. to get all the other speakers to join the Roam, doesn’t work either.  In both cases the notification “Cannot connect. Try again later” appears, but later is never any good. I’d love to fix this. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Same issue here and only just started Sunday (19/5/24) previously to that i could get my roam to join a speaker group or link others to roam when playing but now i have to keep roam separate. Works fine on Bluetooth but that defeats the object. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Sonos need to employ some technical people that know what they're doing !!!! 

Just found a software update for the roam and it’s back to how it should work 👍🏻

Userlevel 1

Where ??   Nothing showing up on sonos

Settings

system

manage

check for updates

The update on the roam allowed it to connect again!

You’re a beautiful person, 1_Stuart! Thanks! The update does indeed appear to have fixed the problem. I should have looked as soon as there was a problem -- but to date there’s always been notification of available updates. I guess we’ll have to check for ourselves from now on. Anyway -- cheers! 👍😁

Userlevel 1

Stuart, thank you. How bad are Sonos. You would think that they would have brilliant tech people. Thank you again 😁

Previously updates were automatic and we were prompted but this one seems to be manual hence we all missed it but begs the question how did the dodgy software get onto the roam! 
anyway, fixed for now so hopefully they will read this post and learn a lesson! 

Userlevel 1

Hi all, regarding the ROAM, another problem I have found since the last update,  you can no longer see how much charge is left. Is there any way of finding out when your speaker is likely to die ??   

Gill

Hi Gill

Sorry to hear that - no such problem with me. When I hit the settings wheel, the speakers that are active appear in a list under “Your System”, and those with a battery each has a battery icon next to it, more or less filled in according to how much charge remains. Select one of those and it takes me to the room the speaker’s in. Here, select the speaker again under “Products” and it takes me to the speaker’s “Status”, where, top of the list, is “Battery” and the percentage of charge remaining. What happens when you try this route?

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much, found it 😁

Had same issue but crazy part is I had just bought an ultimate immersive set 1 week ago.  Bought a Roam 2 to get bt from laptop to play on set.  Initial roam setup normal but couldn’t add to immersive set and got the “couldn’t connect” error.  Per this post did search for update and it found/updated code on my immersive set which I had just brought online and updated days before.