Answered

Sonos Roam not turning on anymore

• 6 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello everyone. 

I’m having an issue with my Sonos Roam. Since yesterday, the Roam is no longer charging when put on its own - original - wireless charger, with the original Sonos plug. There are no leds turning on. I tried with a USB-C cable and, in this case, I can see the solid orange led that indicates the battery is charging. The problem is that the led stays solid orange forever. I can’t turn the Roam on, no way to do it. If I plug off the cable, it turns off, but there’s no way to turn on the speaker itself again.

I never see flashing orange light, neither white one. Only solid orange when the speaker is plugged in with the USB-C cable. 

I really don’t know what to do, do you have an idea?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 August 2021, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Whilst disconnected from its charger (important), try holding down the Roam’s rear power-button for 30 seconds and then plug it into the charger using the USB cable.

Leave on charge for 30+ minutes and remove the charger cable (important) and repeat the 30 second rear power-button press and see if that then powers on your speaker (you should see it's top front status LED light up near Sonos logo).

If that works for you and the speaker appears in your Sonos App, then simply return it to the charger and let it charge to a full state. It should then be fine🤞.

Badge

Whilst disconnected from its charger (important), try holding down the Roam’s rear power-button for 30 seconds and then plug it into the charger using the USB cable.

Leave on charge for 30+ minutes and remove the charger cable (important) and repeat the 30 second rear power-button press and see if that then powers on your speaker (you should see it's top front status LED light up near Sonos logo).

If that works for you and the speaker appears in your Sonos App, then simply return it to the charger and let it charge to a full state. It should then be fine🤞.

Just tried all this process, but nothing to do. 

I don’t know if it’s a useful info, but I can see the Roam in my Sonos app. It’s offline, because there’s no way to turn it on, but it’s there.

Just tried all this process, but nothing to do. 

I don’t know if it’s a useful info, but I can see the Roam in my Sonos app. It’s offline, because there’s no way to turn it on, but it’s there.

Yes, the Roam showing in the App is expected at this stage… it will disappear from the App eventually.

As you are using the official Sonos charger and had no joy with the power-button reset, I would suggest you next contact Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and perhaps also refer them to this thread to show them the things you have tried so far. 

Hope you manage to get the matter sorted quickly.👍