Answered

Sonos Roam not showing in controller app

• 3 May 2023
  • 6 replies

When I go into the Sonos S2 controller app on my Ipad or Iphone, there are a lot of occasions where the Sonos Roam just does not show up at all, even after turning it back off and on again. I can see some of the other Sonos devices but not the Roam. I’ve also noticed the power button has a mind of it’s own, sometimes when I press it nothing happens, sometimes it comes on, sometimes I keep my finger on the button it might come on, then other times it might not and I have to plug it into the power supply to get it to come on. I just find this device so hit and miss and inconsistent. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 May 2023, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Has this started to happen fairly recently?

Mine has dropped off a couple of times whilst on the wireless charger.

I need to do a long press on the power button to get it back and it was on 100% charge.

this has only started within the last month.

Tbh it's always done it, I don't use it all that often but sometimes when I do it's a pain.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Andyrcurren 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

It may help, however, to hold the power button on the Roam for about 12 seconds to force it to do a full reboot.

I hope this helps.

+1

Roam is very inconsistent. 

Not in my experience. Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss the issues you’re experiencing?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

A reboot works - same for my system in Ireland and USA so I don’t think it’s specific to a controller. 12 second reboot is faster than calling a number I guess… If I have time at some point I may.