Skip to main content

Hi all - I know there has been terrible reports of the Sonos App and streaming issues.

I’ve just purchased a pair of Sonos Roam 2 and paired for stereo.
Randomly, I’ve experienced where the streaming just stops.
I have to power cycle the units for them to show up and be able to stream music again.

Just now, I had it happen - the left unit is slowly flashing amber LED, where the Right unit was still showing.
In the sonos web app for streaming - the “cluster” of Roam speakers I was using to stream was gone.
I checked via my Sonos App on my iPhone, and only the Right unit is connected - and the Left shows “not connected”.

Is this part of the ongoing grief by Sonos? I’m debating about packaging these up and returning them.
I will try a full reset on these and see if it occurs again.

Turns out I had the power saver set on the right speaker and the left was not, hence it drained the battery. Surprised it didn’t give an audible notice or alert.

I’m still paranoid that there are issues with these and streaming….

Flashing orange light is battery below around 15%.  If that happens too soon something could be wrong with the battery.  I have Moves, but have never had them off the charging rings long enough to show a flashing orange light.  I do notice, though, one Move does loose battery % faster than the other Move.

Status lights.

A few things to investigate:

The left unit is not charging properly for some reason. Swapping chargers is a quick way to investigate.

The left unit is experiencing WiFi interference. Physically move the unit to investigate.

Note that the left unit is the “Coordinator” for the pair. All data traffic for the pair passes through the left unit. As a test, “Remove Stereo Pair” and build it again, but exchange left and right. If there is a hardware issue it is likely to move with the speaker and give a hint.

Sonos support can work with the diagnostics. Submit a diagnostic while the system is functioning correctly and again within 10 minutes of a failure. 

At this point we cannot rule out a hardware failure.

Edit: Or a head smacking user configuration issue!!