Answered

Sonos Move wont power on

• 28 May 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve been through the factory reset and hard reset protocols and I can’t get it to turn on.  I have both the charging base and a USB-C charger and have tried multiple configurations of charging and button push-and-hold, all to no avail.  This happened once before and eventually I found a fix online but as of now I cant get anything to work.  I’m going to try Sonos support as well but as we’re going into the weekend I figured turning to the Forum might be my best bet.  Really want to have it working again before Memorial Day (Monday) here in the US.  Has anyone had a similar experience and found a fix?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 May 2022, 15:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Happened to me once; egg on my face…  The wall socket that the charging base was plugged into turned off because some other socket had its GFCI tripped.  It lived there, sitting on the base, “charging” for a month.  Of course everything was dead dead dead, and playing with the buttons then returning it to the charging base overnight did nothing at all!  This may not be your cause, but as you say here we are over the weekend etc.  When charging with the USB cable, if its LED doesn’t turn orange (~10 sec.) before going out, the power supply doesn’t meet specs.  See https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3640

You may just need to leave the ‘Move’ on it’s charger-loop for an hour, or so, that’s if its battery is really flat and it may actually not need to be reset at all. I would try that first of all. 

I would also power ‘off’/‘on’ its charger-loop before charging - leave it off for a couple of minutes to discharge it fully.  

However if you think a reset is needed, then see the ‘How to reset the Sonos Move’ in the link below and see the ‘Step#3 note’:

https://descriptive.audio/how-to-reset-sonos-speaker/

I appreciate the replies however these are steps I’ve already tried and still no response.  I’m stuck until Sonos customer support can step in and assist and even then I’ve never seen a response on any of these threads that addresses my issue.  Sadly it may be that I’m just stuck with a defective, and expensive, speaker.  I don’t know how restrictive they are with warranties but I’ve had it for about two years and this isn’t the first time this has happened.  Any other suggestions still welcome.

I appreciate the replies however these are steps I’ve already tried and still no response.  I’m stuck until Sonos customer support can step in and assist and even then I’ve never seen a response on any of these threads that addresses my issue.  Sadly it may be that I’m just stuck with a defective, and expensive, speaker.  I don’t know how restrictive they are with warranties but I’ve had it for about two years and this isn’t the first time this has happened.  Any other suggestions still welcome.

It might just be the case that the battery has gone ‘bad’ and needs replacing, perhaps? Sonos do sell a battery replacement kit for the Move, so that maybe worth considering, but definitely see what the Staff suggest first:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/replacement-battery

Support Staff can be contacted via this LINK too.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I hope it isn’t a defective battery after two years.  From reading all the other posts in this forum it seems like they have a quality problem somewhere in the manufacturing and/or software development process.  The end result is great but at these prices any of their problems should be at the “problem free” level.  I’ll call support Monday morning to see if they can assist otherwise I’ll see if they will still replace it.  Fingers crossed, it makes such great sound across our whole patio.