Sonos Move unresponsive

• 28 May 2023
  • 4 replies

The touchbuttons on my Move suddenly no longer responded. I turned the device off, and now it doesn’t respond at all and won’t turn back on.

I tried resetting, leaving it off the charger for a while, nothings worked. When connecting it to the charger orange light on front turns on for a few seconds before it turns off again.

any advice?

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Leave the Move on the charging base for about an hour. Then reboot the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

There is another reset:

Charge the unit for an hour or so

Remove from the charger

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. If you slip off the power button, restart the 15 second interval.

The unit will probably be functional at this point, but I recommend placing it back on the charger until fully charged.

BTW: This is not a Factory Reset.

Thanks for the responses. Also buttons on back incl power button do not respond 

There is another reset:

Charge the unit for an hour or so

Remove from the charger

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. If you slip off the power button, restart the 15 second interval.

The unit will probably be functional at this point, but I recommend placing it back on the charger until fully charged.

BTW: This is not a Factory Reset.

My new Sonos was also unresponsive this morning. I performed the 15 second reset and it worked per your instructions. Thank you.