Answered

Sonos Move randomly turns off?

• 7 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I own a Sonos Move and have noticed that it powers off exclusively during playback, despite being connected to a charger, leading me to believe that the issue isn't related to the battery. After consulting customer service, they suggested that it may be due to interference, but the device continues to power off on its own. Can you offer any suggestions on resolving this issue?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 May 2023, 12:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I own a Sonos Move and have noticed that it powers off exclusively during playback, despite being connected to a charger, leading me to believe that the issue isn't related to the battery. After consulting customer service, they suggested that it may be due to interference, but the device continues to power off on its own. Can you offer any suggestions on resolving this issue?

When you mention it powers off, do you mean it shuts down (no lights) and disconnects from the LAN or do you mean the music stops playing as its buffer empties? You perhaps need to clarify what you see from the lights on the device and what the router shows in relation to it’s assigned IP address.

@Ken_Griffiths yes. It shuts down (no lights). So I have to press button to turn it on again. 

If that happens whilst it’s actually playing audio, then it sounds like a fault - I would go back and discuss the issue again with Sonos Support Staff as it’s not something anyone here in the user community can assist with - the Move does have ‘sleep’ mode and ‘shutdown’ features as mentioned HERE, but they never apply whilst a unit is active and should only play a role after 30 minutes of inactivity.