SONOS Move Died and Customer Service Was Useless

• 13 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I tried using my Move and I noticed that it wasn’t connected to the network (I have 8 SONOS products connected). The white light is constantly flashing and I cannot turn it off with the power button or by doing a factory reset. It’s just completely unresponsive.

I called technical support and they were useless. The guy seemed like he had never worked with a Move before and just kept searching the web for solutions that I already tried. Then, he asked for the serial number but didn’t even know where to find it. Finally, after 30 minutes of “troubleshooting”, he told me that I needed to send the unit back to him in exchange for a 30% off coupon. What? So you want me to send the unit back to you so you can refurbish it and sell it and all I get is a 30% off coupon? What kind of business model is this? 

I’ve been a loyal SONOS customer for over 10 years and you can’t even offer help to fix my product or offer an exchange?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As a last resort, maybe consider removing the Move’s battery for a short time & reinsert it and see if that gets it going again. You probably have little to lose by perhaps trying that. This link should hopefully assist:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5009