Sonos Move - Alexa not initiating playback

• 3 March 2024
  • 3 replies

hello thanks for accepted me in the group. my question is problem when bring my sonos move to my sugar shack and wen i bring it back home 

if i ask alexa to play a game work great but if i command to play a radio station exemple play the no shoe radio sonos will respond and that is going to no shoe radio but nothing work. 

thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @cabane, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If Alexa isn’t initiation playback when you ask, then I’d recommend following the steps listed in our support article for Alexa voice commands not working on Sonos. If Alexa responds to some commands, then generally disabling then re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app will fix this. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open the Alexa app and tap More in the bottom right menu. 
  2. Tap Skills and games > Your skills > Sonos > Disable skill
  3. Once you've disabled the Sonos Skill, tap Enable Skill.

If that doesn’t help, then follow the other steps listed in the support article I linked above. I’ve also changed the title of your thread to reference your issue more clearly for other community users and moderators.

I hope this information helps! 

did try that few time does not work ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @cabane,

If you’ve followed the steps above and the steps in the support article I’ve linked, then I’d recommend getting in touch with our support team for further troubleshooting, as they have the necessary tools available to help you resolve this issue.

I hope this helps!