Answered

Sonos MOVE 2 bluetooth connectivity issue PRO-JECT VTE BT

• 28 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Any one else having issues with the brand new move 2? I can connect bluetooth after a few tries to the project vte bt. I have to turn the Bluetooth off on the move 2, turn the bt switch on my turntable and then turn on bt pairing on the move 2 and actually connects and stays connected. check Sonos app on phone and shows connected. play a record and no sound. spent almost 2 hours trouble shooting with Sonos customer service (kind of a joke some tech going through the steps off their pre set guide) with the final outcome being that my bt device needs a screen to select the speaker (even though its already showing connected). I was then told I need to contact pro-ject to resolve the issue. which I did and they said its surely a software issue with the move 2 since bt 5.0 is suppose to be backwards compatible with bt 3.0 (the turntable). Now my roam has no problem connecting and playing music through wifi to my whole system. When move 2 was released I presale purchased because I would have a better speaker than the roam for my office (where my turntable is located) and it could do what the original move (which I have 3 of) could not, WIFI AND BT! Im hoping this is a bug that can be fixed via an update. If it is in fact a hardware issue then SONOS really dropped the ball here. Has anyone had similar/same issue? Any resolution?? I don't want to have to return the new move 2, really want the system to work seamlessly. Is a 450$ speaker really being outshined by connectivity of the older cheaper ROAM? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON MOVE 2, or at least until they can fix. Also not sure why the first move couldn't even connect via BT as I have seen in other posts and even tried myself which I couldn't connect (which didn't matter since couldn't BT and then WIFI to whole system). Like why make a speaker that can't do both anyways, oh so you can spend more to upgrade which still doesn't work. Frustrated and disappointed. Will be returning MOVE 2 in the next week if a solution isn't reached. A developer needs to address this not technical support. use the same tech in the ROAM!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 December 2023, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear that you are having BT connection issues with Move 2 and your PRO-JECT VTE BT turntable. I have no issues connecting over BT with my Move 2 to my iPhone 12. However, I don’t have a BT turntable so I have no input to offer that is directly related.

It is puzzling that you say you have no issues connecting your Sonos Roam to your PRO-JECT VTE BT. Even though you have spoken to Sonos Tech support (with unimpressive results) have you submitted a diagnostics? If not I would do the following:

1. Submit a diagnostic before you try to connect your Move 2 via BT to your PRO-JECT VTE BT and post the reference ID in this thread. That will establish a baseline.
  2. Submit a second diagnostic within 10 minutes after you’ve made a successful connection between your Move 2 and PRO-JECT VTE BT and again post the reference ID in this thread
  3. Call Sonos Tech support to discuss the results

Regarding Sonos Tech Support. You will encounter some individuals with more knowledge/expertise than others. You just have to roll the dice and hope you’re put in contact with someone who may have experience in the area you need help with. 

Here’s a way to look at Tech Support people. You may hear that Tech Person A and Tech Person B have a total of 30 years of combined experience. What you don’t hear are the details that reveal that Tech Person A has 28 of those combined 30 years versus Tech Support Person B’s 2 years. LOL. 

Let us know what happens. Maybe someone in the community may have input as well. Good Luck!

Hi, did you find A solution for the problem? I have the exact same issue: I can Connect  my BT record player (Sony PS-LX310BT)  to my Sonos Move 2 but there is no sound (I can see in the app that there is a connection). With an older BT speaker I do get sound from the record player. I can play music on the  Move 2 with my phone.

The belgium tech guy would discuss it with his colleagues but I haven’t received any answer in the last 12 days.

regards

Oh, how do I perform a “diagnostics ”?

Submitting diagnostics.

I answered yesterday but my reply got refused or something went wrong.

The reference number before connecting: 300330423

After: 1986430197

At one point the Community was being victimized by a spam gang posting phone numbers for various services. Automation was added to block this. Sometimes a diagnostic confirmation number is mistaken for a phone number and the spam filter removes the post.

Also, Sonos support doesn’t ‘live’ here in these forums, only Sonos Forum moderators. Your best bet would be to call Sonos Support directly to discuss those diagnostic submissions. 

@Airgetlam: offcourse; going tot do that as soon as I am at home during office hours, but AjTrek1 wrote to post the references here also so I hoped he/she would see my post and would be able to interpretate them (although his/her answer was to the original question and not to me.)

Hopefully someone can find A solution because the suggestions I found in other similar question did not work.

with regards.

Same problem over here. Anyone already had an answer? 

regards 

Same problem over here. Anyone already had an answer? 

regards 

This issue has been going on for some months with the original Move - see this older thread:

The odd part about this, is the TT BT connection does (apparently) work with a Sonos Roam according to the earlier thread, but it’s BT profile does not work with the Move/Move 2 - it might be best to reproduce the issue and perhaps submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter. A (mobile) video recording might perhaps assist the Staff too, but see what they say.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Paulie730 et al

Thank you all for your feedback on this, we greatly appreciate it. We understand that you are eagerly waiting for this to get fixed, and while we can't give an exact date, we can share that we have narrowed down the issue and internal teams are currently testing a possible solution.

To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, in the main related thread linked below, once we do.

Thanks. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Happy holidays.

Hello, I recently bought sonos move 2 and I have the same problem with a sony LX310, it is connected but there is no sound. I tried also with 2 line in cable (not the original) and doesn’t work. I have a little sony portable speaker that is 40 euro and it’s working with my pickup both bluetooth and line in. 

This is the answer from sonos:

Thank you for your prompt response and for sharing your concerns. I completely understand your frustration, and I want to assure you that your feedback is both heard and valued.

I empathize with the inconvenience caused by the current challenge you're facing with streaming audio from a third-party device to the Move 2. Please know that this issue is not related to a specific model flaw but rather an ongoing investigation into a software-related matter. The Bluetooth connectivity issue is being thoroughly examined by our team, and we are actively working towards a resolution.

I want to clarify that our products undergo rigorous testing before being released. However, in the dynamic landscape of technology, introducing new software features or improvements can sometimes lead to unforeseen issues, especially when interacting with a vast array of third-party devices in the real world.

So this problem it’s over 1 month and still no resolution. 
I returned the move 2 today. I don’t think it’s ok for a 500 euro portable speaker.

Hello, I recently bought sonos move 2 and I have the same problem with a sony LX310, it is connected but there is no sound. I tried also with 2 line in cable (not the original) and doesn’t work. I have a little sony portable speaker that is 40 euro and it’s working with my pickup both bluetooth and line in. 

This is the answer from sonos:

Thank you for your prompt response and for sharing your concerns. I completely understand your frustration, and I want to assure you that your feedback is both heard and valued.

I empathize with the inconvenience caused by the current challenge you're facing with streaming audio from a third-party device to the Move 2. Please know that this issue is not related to a specific model flaw but rather an ongoing investigation into a software-related matter. The Bluetooth connectivity issue is being thoroughly examined by our team, and we are actively working towards a resolution.

I want to clarify that our products undergo rigorous testing before being released. However, in the dynamic landscape of technology, introducing new software features or improvements can sometimes lead to unforeseen issues, especially when interacting with a vast array of third-party devices in the real world.

So this problem it’s over 1 month and still no resolution. 
I returned the move 2 today. I don’t think it’s ok for a 500 euro portable speaker.

Sonos have announced they have a fix, but it’s still being tested, they also said the release would not be until the new year. You would have needed an ADC usb adapter to play the audio over it’s line-in, these are the recommended adapters…

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-combo-adapter

I’d personally recommend a line-in connection anyway as it’s higher quality audio compared to the Bluetooth connection and probably more reliable compared to a wireless signal. The stereo Move 2 sounds fantastic aswell - and even better if you stereo pair two of them. 

**Oh I’ve just re-read your post again and now see you’ve returned your Move 2, sorry to hear that, just ignore the above.