Skip to main content

Help! I’ve had my Move 2 for 10 days and successfully set it up on my system (while connected to WiFi), then successfully set up a Bluetooth connection between my iPhone and Move 2 speaker. After setup, I successfully used the Bluetooth connection once (away from my WiFi network). So far so good!  And then… now when I try to connect to the Move 2 via the Sonos app using Bluetooth I get “No products found”. I know the Bluetooth is connected/working, because if I just use the Apple Music app (rather than the Sonos app) and select the Move 2 for output in my phone’s control panel, it works. So, why is the Sonos app no longer recognizing my Move 2 speaker via Bluetooth? And what can I do to resolve?

Now that I have performed the software upgrade I can’t connect my Move 2 via Bluetooth. It works via wifi but now my iPad won’t ‘see’ the Move 2 via Bluetooth. 

Moderator edit: Combined threads, issue reported

Hi @DBinMN & @Steveg11sings 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Just to clarify, @DBinMN, you are able to connect your Move 2 to your iPhone with Bluetooth, but the Sonos app (black logo) doesn’t show the connected status? Or, are you perhaps thinking that you can choose what to play in the Sonos app while connected to Bluetooth? If so, this is not the case - you should be going to your phone to use a third-party playback app like Apple Music. While Bluetooth-connected, the Sonos app is only really for grouping-in other speakers to play the Bluetooth stream, or to control other Sonos speakers. If I’ve got it wrong somehow, please elaborate on what steps you’re taking, what you expect, and what you see. Many thanks.

@Steveg11sings I gather you have already paired the Move 2 to your iPad? If so, are you going to the iPad’s Bluetooth settings and choosing (or trying to) the Move 2 from the list of known devices? If the Move 2 has not been paired, please confirm that you have followed the steps outlined in our Pair Sonos Move 2 with Bluetooth help page - you won’t see Move 2 listed if the light is not flashing blue. Please also try rebooting the iPad, and connecting Move 2 to a different device, if you have one available. If you are still unable to connect your Move 2 and iPad, please submit a support diagnostic soon after attempting to do so (and using the same iPad) and let me know here when you have done so (but please don’t share the given number). Many thanks.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry P - Thanks for the reply! I was trying to use the Sonos app (black logo) to play music on the Move 2 via Bluetooth connection (away from WiFi). I just got the Move 2 a couple weeks ago, and I swear that the first time that I used it via Bluetooth (away from WiFi) I was successfully playing music via the Sonos app (not a 3rd party app like Apple Music). Did this functionality use to exist and has been removed from the Sonos app, or am I just not remembering correctly? Thanks for you help!

Thanks for your feedback. The issue was that I couldn’t connect my iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth to the Move2 after I did the upgrade. My devices couldn’t see the Move2. The solution turned out to be simply resetting the Move2. Once I did that iPad and iPhone both recognized and connected to the Move2. 

Hi @DBinMN 

I am afraid you must be mis-remembering. The Sonos app has never been able to play music without a Sonos speaker - it really is just a remote control. In fact, the app’s inability to play music itself is precisely the reason why use of an iPhone’s hardware volume buttons to control Sonos speakers has been removed from iOS - Apple do not permit the use of these buttons for apps that cannot play music.

If Apple Music is your go-to music service, please use their app to play to your Move 2 (or any other Sonos Bluetooth capable speakers) when connected via Bluetooth.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Steveg11sings 

I am glad to hear that you got that issue sorted out, and thanks for sharing the fix here! Happy listening!