Answered

Roam won’t connect S2 loop crash

• 9 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I just bought my Roam and like many here am having far more difficulty setting it up than is warranted.  I have had an S1 generation system since they first came out a decade + ago.  This is the first S2 product on my network.  I’ve installed the S2 app and have made multiple attempts to connect the Roam but every time the app stops the process and says I have incompatible products and says I must use the S1 or setup a new system.  However it never allows me to setup a new system rather I can open the S1 app or select more options.  There is never an option given to complete the setup of S2 to add the Roam.  I have reset the app multiple times but it never advances farther than this.  I am terribly disgusted and ready to return the product for one that works.  

icon

Best answer by buzz 10 June 2021, 04:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Unplug your S1 system from power completely. Then use S2 to set up your Roam. Once it is set up, plug back in your S1 system to power, and you should be able to use the two different controllers to control each “system”. 

I expect that Airgetiam’s scheme will work. If this does not work, keeping S1 powered down, uninstall the S2 Controller and install a fresh copy. 

Note that you are setting up a new S2 system, not adding anything to an existing system.

As far as SONOS is concerned, you will have two independent systems. Both S1 and S2 controllers can be installed on a phone/pad/computer and they can operate simultaneously. 

If you store your music library on a NAS drive, you will not be able to share your SONOS playlists with ROAM.