Answered

Roam SL - Volume goes up and down

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Roam SL that is experiencing a strange issue. The speaker will start at a low volume and increase to whatever the setting is on the app(s). It will then decrease moments later. It almost feels like it is going quiet to “listen” but it’s an SL without a microphone. 

I notice in the Sonos app that the volume slider is not decreasing however the output from the speaker is. For example the volume is set for the middle at 55% and seems quiet, but then it gets louder. 

This is a new device for me and originally only had it connected to the Sonos network and did not have it automatically connected to Bluetooth. When I experienced this issue I took it off the Sonos network and connected it to Bluetooth. 

I have:

• Timed the occurrences of the volume reductions and not noticed that they occurred consistently.
  • Changed the position of the device (standing on end, laying on its side etc) and not noticed anything. 
  • “Forgot” the device and re-installed to the system

icon

Best answer by Mr Tom 3 November 2023, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would first remove any previous Bluetooth pairings with the Roam, then reboot the router, speaker and controller device. When all are back up and running, goto the Sonos App and play a Sonos radio station and just see what happens in that case. 

If the volume fluctuations persist after doing those things, then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Badge

Thanks Ken,

I'll give those steps a try and post the final results here. 

Tom

Badge

Hello,

After trying those steps and spending some time with Tech Support, Sonos is replacing the Roam SL. It appears that the unit's ability to raise and lower volume wilfully on its own was the main cause for the return.

I don't have any more details beyond that.

.Thanks for the help.