Answered

Roam does not Roam

• 29 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi maybe its me bur i have set up my roam on the home wifi - its listed on my sonos account etc 

just been camping tried to connect to it nothing clicked on airplay from my phone does not see the device

came home back on wifi and its appearing as a device but only on wifi

not really a roam if you can not take it out and about..

so what am i doing wrong - ive gone through the set process… 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 29 May 2023, 20:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Out of your wifi the Roam should be used with bluetooth, not wifi. Airplay needs wifi.

Thanks i did try just bluetooth on its own but the roam didn't show as device..

tried 3 different phones using spotify and itunes but no joy its updated just seems odd 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you follow this? https://support.sonos.com/en/article/pair-sonos-roam-with-bluetooth

I had basically this same problem. Roam is part of a System with my Sonos One SL speakers. We took Roam on vacation and even though my phone (where my music is) was connected to the rental's WiFi, the Sonos App kept looking for the entire System. I could see the Roam but because the App couldn't connect to the One speakers, the Roam wouldn't play.

How do I disconnect the Roam from the System before our next (rapidly approaching) vacation?

If the music is stored on your phone then your best bet is to use Bluetooth, especially now that “On this mobile device” is no longer an option on the Sonos system.  Don’t even open the Sonos app.  Just use a music player app on your phone and redirect the sound via Bluetooth to the Roam.