Answered

Roam Bluetooth

• 21 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Excited when Roam arrived but so disappointed now as bought to replace Bose Bluetooth speaker for use when out and Bluetooth setup & connection to iPhone just doesn’t work. No Bluetooth chime, no flashing blue light, nothing. Just red/orange kight on RHS, then flashing white light on left followed by flashing green. Never shows up in Bluetooth devices on iPhone and as I run legacy products  and limited to sonis1 controller, it’s no use to me. Support chat line circular and no help, phone on 30minute wait. Aaarh! Looking to return it.😞

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 April 2021, 13:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks Rashi.  Have spent a good time setting up a new Sonos system on different network using Sonos2 controller on my iPhone, updated the Roam’s firmware and as you say, it works.  Heaven knows why Sonos’ own setup instructions could not advise how to set up Roam for legacy Sonos1 users or on its own as it would save a lot of anguish and my thoughts of returning Roam unit (I had arranged this and now have to find how to cancel return…..). For those like me who have Sonos legacy system, just so you know, set up Roam on Sonos2 on its own and it works with Sonos radio, Spotify, iTunes etc, and Bluetooth connection works now as well. HappyDays! 

Userlevel 7

The Roam must be set up on your Wi-Fi using a phone or tablet on the Sonos S2 app before you can use it as a Bluetooth speaker. The Roam is not compatible with the S1 app.