Answered

Roam AirPlay Not Available

• 21 April 2021
  • 8 replies

I got my Roam yesterday, and have been trying to AirPlay to it from an iPhone (XS) or MacBook on WiFi, but am unable to get it to show up in the iOS list.  It does appear in the AirPlay menu within the SONOS app. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by ndgunner 22 April 2021, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the Roam powered on? Also try rebooting your router, iPhone, and Macbook.

Roam is definitely on, and can be seen from within the S2 app.

I can also airplay to Office and pair it with Roam to get audio to play from it, but cannot see/choose Roam directly.

Not sure why it was happening, but I reset the Roam using the official instructions and set it up as a new speaker.  I can now see Roam in AirPlay as before. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I had the same problem.. Then I realised my Iphone was connected to the 5ghz network and Sonos uses the 2.4ghz.  Had to reconnect Iphone to 2.4ghz network and all speakers appeared .

For Airplay to see the speakers you have to ensure your phone is on the 2.4ghz..

If what I have stated is wrong then Im sure someone will correct me but as I say it worked for me.

Hope that helps

That sounds a lot like you were/are experiencing the 

issue, @Northbriton. In general, most routers shouldn’t have an issue with seeing / AirPlaying from a device that’s on 5Ghz when the Sonos is on 2.4Ghz. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes .. saw that issue. However I am on Virgin and that problem is not the case here

I’m also having the same issues with Roam.

It sometimes connect over AirPlay from iPhone, and then after few hours/minutes it stops playing and I cannot connect anymore.

Same problem here - in fact I was listening to something on Airplay and it just went dead. It does not show up as an airplay available device.

It DOES, however, show up as a Sonos device.

So it cannot be matter of it being on different router bands etc.