Answered

Possible to use trueplay device to configure a different room?

• 18 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is it possible to use a Trueplay device (a Roam for example) to configure your wider system, rather than use an iPhone?

Reason I ask is I no longer have an iPhone after I left my last job, and I use personally use Android.  So I no longer have a mobile phone that works with Trueplay.  (my wife still has an ancient iPhone, so can use that if I really need to).  But I do have a trueplay speaker - the Roam - in the kitchen.

Anyway to use the mic from the Roam to configure my Living Room set up? 

icon

Best answer by ratty 18 December 2021, 19:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, the Roam’s mic can only AutoTrueplay itself. 

You need a supported iDevice to wave around and Trueplay a normal room.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

That’s a shame.  Sure, it would look even more stupid trying to wave a Roam around a room, but could have been a way around the fact that you can’t use Android devices to Trueplay.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Actually, it’s worse than that - I meant the Sonos Move, not the Roam! :joy:

It’s certainly a reasonable idea, on the basis that Sonos does at least have control over the microphone characteristics. Whether there’d be sufficient processing or memory in the Roam/Move is however uncertain. When an iDevice measures a room response and computes filter parameters it does a lot of heavy maths.