Answered

Playback stopped as WiFi is unstablen

• 10 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Recently I am running into an issue with a sonos roam. Playback is stopping as the wifi is unstable. I have changed nothing in my system and the roam worked perfectly before. All speakers except the roam and move are on sonosnet. I have moved a mesh speaker to beside the roam but that didn't help. The other roam and move both work perfectly.

Diagnostics report is 1701542254

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 February 2023, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

While you wait for a forum moderator to have time to do something other than their normal moderation duties, have you checked for duplicate IP address issues, by fully powering down your Move and Roam, and rebooting the router? Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot before powering back up the Sonos devices.

Since the Roam and Move connect directly to your wifi, mving a “mesh” speaker next to them wouldn’t make any difference, moving them closer (but no closer than 3 feet) to the router might make a difference. 

Actually I meant a Google wifi modem. I've tried powering them down and rebooting as well but it doesn't help. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Just for information, my Sonos has also suddenly periodically started giving the same message and then stop playing for a few seconds. I'm waiting for a new S2 update, befor I take any further action.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @steve malone 

Thanks for your post!

I see you have two Roams - although you didn’t mention which one was having the issue, the diagnostic only actually shows one of them so I presume the problem device is the one missing from the diagnostic. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.