Answered

Move will not Register to my account - please help

Userlevel 1

I have reset the MOVE over 10 times.  I am 2 plus hours trying to reconnect this thing. I have reset my phone, my network, and all my other SONOS products work.   It says the app is updated.   get through the setup process, and the app FAILS activating your sonos move to your system.   NOTE - when I log into SONOS website, I see my move listed.  I see all 7 products.  I am officially lost for options.    The error in the app is “move is not registered” - FIX IT.  I go through the FIX IT process, I hear the chimes, I follow directions, I push the button, more chimes, and then it says “Linking your Sonos Move to you account...”  and then it just spins for a while...and then it says “There was a problem adding your Sonos Move to your system.     Can someone reset my app or delete it from my purchase history??? So I can add new???   No clue.  This sucks.  

icon

Best answer by Tsumaa 14 May 2024, 03:33

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Replying to raise awareness as I have in another thread… come on Sonos… get your act together.

I am currently going through the exact same process as you, I’ve reset my phone, my router, tried plugging it into my laptop via USB-C, laptop is connected to internet via ethernet. reset the move about 10 times as well. Tried connecting it via the app for our internet. We have 7 other devices which are connected to wifi, but in the past we’ve had issues with those. It was only when we connected one of the devices via ethernet that they all decided to work. But the Move will not connect at all. And trying to get hold of customer support is impossible with 90+ minute queue times. We may have to just send it back and ask for a refund!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos, is anyone there to help your disappointed customers?

We deserve a response.

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. Move will just not register

Userlevel 1

Update.

This looks due to the new updated app. I have the old app on a now unsupported iOS phone and it connected first time.

110 minute wait time to fix the issue? My hope is that this is due to the update and they are fixing it. Maybe send out a message on X or something so we can all quit pulling our hair out over this.

Userlevel 1

Same exact issue here.  And same 110 minute wait time to talk to someone.  At least I found this thread and know I’m not unique.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

110 minute wait time to fix the issue? My hope is that this is due to the update and they are fixing it. Maybe send out a message on X or something so we can all quit pulling our hair out over this.

Sonos CEO, “No.…they will learn to like this app and its ‘courage.’”

Userlevel 1

SOLVED -- Found the solution on the nearly identical thread for Move 2.  Reset the app on your phone (App Preferences and then Reset App).  After this, you’ll re-connect to your existing Sonos system.  Then you’ll be able to Register the Sonos Move 1.  During the registration process, the app asked me to log into my Sonos account, which was a new step, so that’s probably a clue as to what’s going wrong in the new app.

Userlevel 1

Same here, picked the wrong time to move the move from another home to my kitchen. Same issue, reset it all several times, the app finds it, connects, but doesn’t register.  Gives me same error as explained above.  I’ll give it a Few days, I’m sure we’ve got a bunch of software updates on the way.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

If it fails on “Linking your Sonos [speaker] to you account”, it means the app may be bugging out between guest and owner mode. So try to Sign out and Sign back in again to your account and if your speaker still shows as “Not Registered” in the settings icon, Tap on that and then tap “Fix it”, It should be able to resolve that issue 

Userlevel 1

Guys, with the help of one of the Facebook Sonos group, I just fixed issue.   First log out of your Sonos account.   Then wait a min, and log back in.   Then setup your speaker, will happen much faster this time, and will connect and register.

SOLVED -- Found the solution on the nearly identical thread for Move 2.  Reset the app on your phone (App Preferences and then Reset App).  After this, you’ll re-connect to your existing Sonos system.  Then you’ll be able to Register the Sonos Move 1.  During the registration process, the app asked me to log into my Sonos account, which was a new step, so that’s probably a clue as to what’s going wrong in the new app.

Brilliant! This resolved it for me thank you

I have reset the MOVE over 10 times.  I am 2 plus hours trying to reconnect this thing. I have reset my phone, my network, and all my other SONOS products work.   It says the app is updated.   get through the setup process, and the app FAILS activating your sonos move to your system.   NOTE - when I log into SONOS website, I see my move listed.  I see all 7 products.  I am officially lost for options.    The error in the app is “move is not registered” - FIX IT.  I go through the FIX IT process, I hear the chimes, I follow directions, I push the button, more chimes, and then it says “Linking your Sonos Move to you account...”  and then it just spins for a while...and then it says “There was a problem adding your Sonos Move to your system.     Can someone reset my app or delete it from my purchase history??? So I can add new???   No clue.  This sucks.  

Solution for me found in Koffee thread - on your app go to account, app preferences, RESET APP. This worked for me 🤓

Solution for me found in Koffee thread - on your app go to account, app preferences, RESET APP. This worked for me 🤓

Noooooo. I spoke to soon. It added the move, but it still won’t connect 😫

Userlevel 2
Badge

Guys - reset the app, open it again and login. You will then be able to finish setting up the Move 2. 

Userlevel 1

SOLVED - thanks all.  I did not need to reset the app, I just need to sign out and wait 1 minute, and sign back into Sonos, and then when I clicked FIX IT, it found it and worked.   I am sure reset works too, but I would try just logging out of the app first.  Anyway, thank you all!  

Amazing this let me register my move gen 1 to my new wifi router by logging out of my so is app and login back in.

but I still have issues with the app allowing me to have all speakers play the same station. My move is the only speaker that will not pair with the rest of the system. 

so my 4x one sl’s are all playing the same pandora station but my move won’t join the group. 

in past I was able to trick the system by starting the station in the move then adding the speaker to that group but now it’s like a solo speaker…. Anyone fix this issue? 

This did the trick for me too- thank you for posting this!!

Brilliant! This resolved it for me thank you

did not work here

How do you “reset the app on your phone (App Preferences and then reset App) ????  Is this within Sonos App or in iPhone settings?

Userlevel 2

If it fails on “Linking your Sonos [speaker] to you account”, it means the app may be bugging out between guest and owner mode. So try to Sign out and Sign back in again to your account and if your speaker still shows as “Not Registered” in the settings icon, Tap on that and then tap “Fix it”, It should be able to resolve that issue 

Fab thank you, this solved it! 👍👍

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Find an old phone that has the older S2 app (orange). I used my old Huawei phone.
IMPORTANT! Do not upgrade the app.

Install and register the speakers. Shut down the old phone and start the latest app on your current phone.

I tried all of these helpful tips but they didn't work. Ended up speaking to someone at Sonos. Eventually they got it to work by unplugging my Boost and plugging a sonos one into router. Then reset router and factory reset Move and closed and reopened app. Then retried to install Move and it worked. Wired Boost back into router afterwards an it now works fine. Wish I knew this at weekend as would have saved hours of frustration!