Move Problem heeelllppp

• 9 December 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone!  I have a move, I always keep it in the charging base and it's already the second time I turn it on but it doesn't turn on, only the microphone light stays on.  Has anyone had the same problem as me?  do you know how to solve?  thanks in advance to whoever answers me.

p.s. any key I press nothing happens. I can't turn it on or off

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What do you mean by ‘I turn it on’?  Is the Move visible within the Sonos App?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. what i mean is that if i press the power key nothing happens. only the microphone light stays on all the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What are you trying to achieve by pressing the power button? If the mic button is on the unit has power, Is it visible in the Sonos App?

@Umb3,
Presumably you have taken the speaker off its charger-loop? Then held the top rear button pressed for 5+ seconds —> is that not powering off your speaker?

Userlevel 1

the sonos app does not detect my move

Badge

I am having the same issue. Have you been able to resolve the problem?
On my MOVE the microphone icon stays lit on or off the charger. When I put it on the charger the 4 orange lights in front come on and then go off. Other than that I get nothing??? I even tried attaching directly to the power outlet no change.

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately I haven't found any solutions. hopefully someone has a solution 

Unfortunately I haven't found any solutions. hopefully someone has a solution 

The only solution I can think of, if it won’t power off and has locked up, is to perhaps unseat the battery for a few moments, which is easy enough to do, just gently lift the two flaps on base and unscrew the screws with a hex key … see here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/replace-the-battery-in-your-sonos-move

And the YT video here should help too:

https://youtu.be/cGCjbfXWI6g

Alternatively contact Sonos Support via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Badge

I guess I can wait until Monday and contact SONOS to see if they have an easier solution.  If not I think the unseating of the battery will be my next step. Thanks for the info.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. I would like to avoid having to disassemble the move ... it is not a cheap product. I think I will contact customer service

Thanks for the reply. I would like to avoid having to disassemble the move ... it is not a cheap product. I think I will contact customer service

It’s just the same as when replacing its battery. You may have to do that at some stage anyway in the future. It’s just two hex screws and takes about a 30-60 seconds to do. I’m just suggesting to disconnect/reconnect the battery. It will not invalidate any warranty etc.

However, it’s entirely a matter for yourself, if you don’t wish to take those steps, which Sonos Support Staff ‘may’ suggest for you to try anyway during troubleshooting, but see what they say and maybe report back to perhaps assist any others here who may encounter the issue in the future. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ken for the tip! as soon as sonos gives me a solution, i'll write it here!

Badge

I just rebooted my SONOS MOVE by holding down the power button on back for 10+ seconds or until the white microphone light went off. Waited a minute and hit the power button one time and the tone sounded and the speaker came alive 🙃. 
I’m having a little trouble separating the old S1 app and the new S2 app with the newer compatible speakers but at least I can airplay the Move.

I just rebooted my SONOS MOVE by holding down the power button on back for 10+ seconds or until the white microphone light went off. Waited a minute and hit the power button one time and the tone sounded and the speaker came alive 🙃. 
I’m having a little trouble separating the old S1 app and the new S2 app with the newer compatible speakers but at least I can airplay the Move.

I presume the general ‘Move’ power-off steps were initially not working then and then suddenly started to respond again, or was it something else you did to get it to power off normally in this way?

Also I don’t quite understand the part about separating the S1/S2 Apps as the ‘Move’ is fully compatible with either an S1 or S2 system🤔?

Badge

The MOVE was frozen. Yes, the general power of steps were not working .  On one of the YouTube links you shared earlier showing how to change the battery had the step of holding the power button down for 10+ seconds.  When I tried that the white microphone icon light finally went off.  Then I was able to power it back on normally and the status light and the tone came on. I was good to go.

The S1/S2 issue. I am running both the legacy S1 app for a pair of first genl 5 speakers. The newer compatible speakers I moved to the S2 app.  Every time I open the S1 app with the first Gen 5 speakers I get a request to update the S1 app. With the MOVE speaker it sometimes wants me to move the speaker to the S1 app with less features.  

The MOVE was frozen. Yes, the general power of steps were not working .  On one of the YouTube links you shared earlier showing how to change the battery had the step of holding the power button down for 10+ seconds.  When I tried that the white microphone icon light finally went off.  Then I was able to power it back on normally and the status light and the tone came on. I was good to go.

The S1/S2 issue. I am running both the legacy S1 app for a pair of first genl 5 speakers. The newer compatible speakers I moved to the S2 app.  Every time I open the S1 app with the first Gen 5 speakers I get a request to update the S1 app. With the MOVE speaker it sometimes wants me to move the speaker to the S1 app with less features.  

It sounds like you initially upgraded from S1 to S2 and then didn’t start from scratch with your S1 System, which means both your S1 and S2 systems have the same HouseholdID and hence you are getting the prompts you mention.

Only way I know around this to get the true separation, is to erase one of the systems and start again with a new Household. Most folk here in the community tended to do that with their S1 Household, although it often may depend on which one of the two systems is smallest.