Answered

Move Mode Button.

• 18 August 2020
  • 16 replies

I picked up a brand new Move. Followed the connection instructions for WiFi. It connected and it shows up in the Sonos App. Works fine when using the App. When I press the MODE button on the back to switch Bluetooth, nothing happens. It does not beep or chime. Further, I’ve tried holding it down for pairing. Nothing. No beep, chime or blue light on top.  Also, Move is supposed to be AirPlay 2 compatable, it does not show up on the list of devices. Any ideas on how to get these things working are welcome. 

icon

Best answer by rareohs 29 August 2020, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mountaindog.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you these guides on how to help fix the issue.

• Reboot the Sonos Move. (Remove the Move from it’s charging bay, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds, and place it back on it’s charging bay) without pressing any button it should automatically turn on by itself.
  • Pair Sonos Move with Bluetooth to be able to use the move on Bluetooth mode.

• Stream AirPlay audio to Sonos to be able to use airplay via your iPhone or any Apple products.

• Unsupported OS versions would also allow us to check if our controller is compatible with Airplay 2 and Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Badge +1

I picked up a brand new Move. Followed the connection instructions for WiFi. It connected and it shows up in the Sonos App. Works fine when using the App. When I press the MODE button on the back to switch Bluetooth, nothing happens. It does not beep or chime. Further, I’ve tried holding it down for pairing. Nothing. No beep, chime or blue light on top.  Also, Move is supposed to be AirPlay 2 compatable, it does not show up on the list of devices. Any ideas on how to get these things working are welcome. 

Same exact thing here. Move was delivered yesterday, no issues adding to my home WiFi Sonos system at all… but the MODE button is dead, does nothing. No chime, no lights, no nothing. Holding it down same deal. Move never shows up when searching for it via Bluetooth. I have reset the Move several times and re-set up via WiFi, still no luck.

Of course now it’s the weekend and they’re closed. 🤬

Badge +1

@mountaindog did you ever get this resolved?

@Paul A any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rareohs.

I would like to recommend the above-provided suggestions. 

Hi @mountaindog.

• Reboot the Sonos Move. (Remove the Move from it’s charging bay, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds, and place it back on it’s charging bay) without pressing any button it should automatically turn on by itself.

• Stream AirPlay audio to Sonos to be able to use airplay via your iPhone or any Apple products.

• Unsupported OS versions would also allow us to check if our controller is compatible with Airplay 2 and Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Once the Sonos Move has been added to a Sonos account it should appear on the Sonos app and the Sonos Move should have a solid white light on top.

Let me share with you the LED status guide of Sonos to better understand the light behavior of your Sonos Move. We may want to make sure that we are pressing the Bar button as the Mode button since the top round button is the power button and the bottom circle button is the join button. The above-quoted recommendation contains the guide on how to Pair Sonos Move with Bluetooth

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Did a chat help session and Renz M was fantastic - did a diagnostics and the Move’s version was off, so we updated that and now all works perfectly!

I bought mine yesterday, I thought it was only me! It connects to wifi and my other speakers with no issue. I‘ve done the all of steps above three times over, and still nothing for the bluetooth!!

How did they manage to sort your issues? 

Thanks

Badge +1

I bought mine yesterday, I thought it was only me! It connects to wifi and my other speakers with no issue. I‘ve done the all of steps above three times over, and still nothing for the bluetooth!!

How did they manage to sort your issues? 

Thanks

See above, might just need an update!

On your Sonos app go to settings > system > system settings > system updates > check for updates 

Mine said an update was available, and once that was all installed the Bluetooth button worked perfectly

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rareohs.

Thanks for the update and feedback.

I’m glad that Renz was able to help you out and now you may enjoy using your Sonos Move. Congratulations and Thanks for sharing the solution on what fixed your issue.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Follow up: I worked with tech support and they were ready to send me a new unit. After hanging up, I noticed on the Sono’s app an update was available. Installed the update, and the Mode button worked perfectly. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mountaindog.

I’m glad that everything is now working. Congratulations and I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos. Thanks for also sharing what was done to fix the issue so other members of the community who may have the same issue can try the solution provided.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Same issue here. After three different chats with REPs no solution. I reinstalled everything, updated the app, worked for like 20min and the stopped 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Carlos Argüello.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about this and for taking your extra time in doing some of the basic troubleshooting steps.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Since when did the issue start to happen?
  • Has this ever worked in the past?
  • Were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working?
  • What are we trying to do with the Sonos Move that made you conclude it is not working?
  • Are we using the Wifi mode or the bluetooth mode on the Sonos Move?
  • What happens on the Sonos Move when you mentioned it stops working? 
  • What is the light status on the Sonos Move when it stopped working?
  • What does the Sonos App prompt the moment the Sonos Move stopped working?

Can we try the recommendations quoted below and let me know how it goes?

Hi @mountaindog.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Can we also check under settings » system » system updates » check for updates and let’s see if the issue would be resolved.

Follow up: I worked with tech support and they were ready to send me a new unit. After hanging up, I noticed on the Sono’s app an update was available. Installed the update, and the Mode button worked perfectly. 

The more information you provide, The mere we would better understand what is going on and the more we would be able to help out.

Thanks,

Hi @Carlos Argüello.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about this and for taking your extra time in doing some of the basic troubleshooting steps.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Since when did the issue start to happen?
  • Has this ever worked in the past?
  • Were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working?
  • What are we trying to do with the Sonos Move that made you conclude it is not working?
  • Are we using the Wifi mode or the bluetooth mode on the Sonos Move?
  • What happens on the Sonos Move when you mentioned it stops working? 
  • What is the light status on the Sonos Move when it stopped working?
  • What does the Sonos App prompt the moment the Sonos Move stopped working?

Can we try the recommendations quoted below and let me know how it goes?

Hi @mountaindog.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Can we also check under settings » system » system updates » check for updates and let’s see if the issue would be resolved.

The more information you provide, The mere we would better understand what is going on and the more we would be able to help out.

Thanks,

Hello, thanks for getting back. Some answer below:

• Since when did the issue start to happen? R/ since the first day. Right after setting up the device
  • Has this ever worked in the past? R/ it worked after updating the sonos and then it stopped working again
  • Were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working? R/ I may have linked the sonos to Alexa right before it stopped working  
  • What are we trying to do with the Sonos Move that made you conclude it is not working? R/ trying to switch to Bluetooth and no chime or blue light 
  • Are we using the Wifi mode or the bluetooth mode on the Sonos Move? R/ only wifi works
  • What happens on the Sonos Move when you mentioned it stops working? R/ nothing, i can use AirPlay and wifi but can’t changed to Bluetooth 
  • What is the light status on the Sonos Move when it stopped working? R/ solid white
  • What does the Sonos App prompt the moment the Sonos Move stopped working? R/ nothing, the sonos works except for the Bluetooth 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Carlos Argüello.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

Can we try to check if there is any update on the Sonos app that needs our attention as one of the members of the community contacted our technical support team and found out that an update was required and after performing the update it seems that the issue has been resolved.

Did a chat help session and Renz M was fantastic - did a diagnostics and the Move’s version was off, so we updated that and now all works perfectly!

Thanks,

Also checked that and the system is up to date according to the app

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Carlos Argüello.

Thanks for the immediate response.

I would like to recommend a complete factory reset on the Sonos Move and try to add it back on the Sonos App. Just to set your expectation, performing a factory reset on any Sonos device would remove all information stored on the device such as Sonos account, music service, Wifi credentials, etc. It will act as if it is brand new fresh out of the box. Then once added back on the Sonos app, try to check for updates again and try to check if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,