Answered

Impossible to setup Roam on iPhone

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I am not able to complete setup of my Roam on my iPhone. When it says “Make sure light flashes green and white, then press the Play button”, I do press the button (duh) but nothing happens.

I used to have it setup on this phone I believe, but now for some reason I cannot set it up again (WiFi change?).

Anyway I tried:

• Reset app
  • Reset Roam

By resetting the Roam, it would appear in auto setup, but I’m stuck at “press the button” step with no help.

It’s an incredibly frustrating setup experience, with such a price tag, Sonos should do much better. I’ve spent more than one hour already, wth.

My Roam is rendered USELESS. Incredible. For such price tag I may just stick to Apple products, no frustration whatsoever NEVER.

Very clown product if you ask me.

icon

Best answer by bensag 28 July 2023, 07:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Am selling that *. Incredible.

There is no way I can fix it, I tried everything and am pretty savvy at these kind of things.

The app is stuck in a loop: setup —> setup WiFi —> eventually fails saying “lost connection” with device (which is RIGHT next to the phone LOL idiot)—> setup again —> no need to setup WiFi this time —> “press button to continue” —> I * press it like a chimp —> NOTHING.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7

What color is the LED light currently? Is it solid or flashing?

Did you just change your router or are you connecting it to a new network?

Sorry for the language. Extremely frustrated.

So I got it to work _eventually_. The key was to _delete_ the app from my iPhone (as well as Reset the app, Reset the Roam as explained before).

I guess since when you delete an app it has to ask for all permissions again, that must have been the bug, something about permissions (Microphone, bluetooth, etc...).