Answered

How to Disconnect Roam from System with One SL Speakers

• 15 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Roam is part of a System with our Sonos One SL speakers. We took Roam on vacation and, even though my phone (where my music is) was connected to the rental's WiFi, the Sonos App kept looking for the entire System. I could see the Roam but because the App couldn't connect to the One speakers, the Roam wouldn't play.

How do I disconnect the Roam from the System before our next (rapidly approaching) vacation?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 June 2023, 20:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There’s actually no need to disconnect the Roam from the existing Sonos System… just add the destination WiFi network to your Roam when you arrive at the vacation destination. If there is no WiFi, then you could also use a mobile network WiFi hotpot added to the Roam too.

At the end of the vacation remove the WiFi network if it’s never going to be needed again. Note the Roam will store upto 16 different WiFi networks. I have several added to my Roam for vacation use including various mobile hotspots and MiFi networks. (See attached screenshot)

Also see this Sonos Support link for additional information…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network